Reglan is an anti-emetic drug that blocks dopamine receptors.
When applied, Zerakul has a mild antiemetic effect and helps to normalize the functioning of the organs of the digestive tract. The active ingredient of the drug selectively blocks dopamine and serotonin receptors, thereby dulling the passage of impulses through brain receptors and reducing the sensitivity of nerve cells, which are responsible for the transmission of impulses from the duodenum directly to the vomiting center, which is located in the medulla.
Available in the form of enteric-coated tablets and solution for intramuscular and intravenous administration.
An antiemetic drug of central action that blocks dopamine receptors.
Terms of sale from pharmacies
You can buy by prescription.
How many stozn pills cerucal in pharmacies? The average price is at 125 rubles.
Composition and release form
Reglan is available in the following dosage forms:
- tablets: flat, round, white, with a risk on one side (50 tablets in a brown glass bottle, 1 bottle in a carton);
- solution for intramuscular and intravenous administration: a clear, colorless liquid (2 ml of a solution in an ampoule of clear glass, 5 ampoules in an open contour cell packaging, 2 contour cell packaging in a cardboard box).
Ingredients 1 tablet:
- active ingredient: metoclopramide hydrochloride monohydrate — 10.54 mg (metoclopramide hydrochloride — 10 mg);
- Auxiliary components: lactose monohydrate, potato starch, silica, gelatin, magnesium stearate.
The composition of 1 ml of solution:
- active ingredient: metoclopramide hydrochloride monohydrate — 5.27 mg (metoclopramide hydrochloride — 5 mg);
- Auxiliary components: sodium chloride, edetate disodium, sodium sulfite, water for injection.
What to prefer - pills or shots?
Cerucul tablets and injections are used to achieve the same therapeutic effects associated with the need to stop vomiting and speed up the movement of food through the stomach and intestines.
Tablets are preferred in cases where a relatively long therapeutic effect is necessary, since their effect lasts for 5.5 to 6 hours. As a rule, this is a complex therapy of various chronic diseases of the digestive tract, in which the movement of the food bolus through the intestines and stomach is disturbed, as a result of which dyspepsia symptoms develop (heartburn, flatulence, heaviness in the stomach, etc.). Usually Ceracal is used in the complex therapy of reflux esophagitis, gastritis, gastric ulcer and duodenal ulcer, pyloric stenosis and biliary dyskinesia, in which food stagnates in the stomach and intestines, causing unpleasant symptoms.
With vomiting, hiccups and nausea, the choice between tablets and injections is made on the basis of a person’s ability to take the drug by mouth. In other words, if a person can swallow a pill and not vomit for 15–20 minutes after that, then this form of the drug should be chosen. And only if it is impossible to take Zerukal in pills for the relief of vomiting, hiccups and nausea, injections should be used. However, at the earliest opportunity, the injections of Cerukal should be replaced with pills.
In case of diabetic gastroparesis, it is optimal to administer Zeercal intramuscularly in the morning after breakfast, and take pills for the rest of the day.
For diagnostic manipulations, such as probing the duodenum, x-ray of the small intestine and stomach, intravenous or intramuscular administration of Cerucal solution should be used, since in this case its action occurs quickly and lasts a short period of time (no more than 2 hours), which is very convenient . With injection injection of Cerukal, the stomach and intestines are released from the food lump, the introduction of the probe and the contrast agent is facilitated, which provides optimal conditions for a qualitative diagnosis. Moreover, these effects do not last long and, thus, do not cause a person anxiety after the completion of the procedure.
For children older than 14 years old, you can follow the guidelines described above for choosing a dosage form of Cerucal. Children aged 2 to 14 years old should use Reglan exclusively in the form of injections, since the solution allows to precisely dose the drug.
Reglan - antiemetic, which helps to reduce nausea, hiccups; stimulates gastrointestinal peristalsis. The antiemetic effect is due to the blockade of dopamine D2 receptors and an increase in the threshold of the chemoreceptors of the trigger zone. Metoclopramide inhibits the relaxation of the smooth muscles of the stomach, thus enhancing the cholinergic reactions of the smooth muscles of the gastrointestinal tract.
It contributes to the acceleration of gastric emptying through, preventing the relaxation of the body of the stomach and the increase in the activity of the antrum and upper sections of the small intestine. It reduces reflux into the esophagus by increasing the pressure of the esophageal sphincter at rest and increases the clearance of acid from the esophagus.
Indications for use
What helps? Indications for admission Cerucal:
- Flatulence, reflux esophagitis, biliary dyskinesia, functional pyloric stenosis.
- Conducting duodenal intubation (in order to accelerate gastric emptying and the movement of food through the small intestine).
- Strengthening of peristalsis when performing radiopaque studies of the gastrointestinal tract.
- Attacks of nausea and vomiting, hiccups of various origins.
- Hypotension and atony of the intestine and stomach (in particular, postoperative).
- Diabetic gastroparesis.
- Paresis of the stomach in patients with diabetes.
- Exacerbation of gastric ulcer and duodenal ulcer (as part of complex therapy).
Reglan not prescribed for bleeding in the digestive system, with intolerance to metoclopramide, pheochromocytoma, intestinal perforation and stomach, mechanical intestinal obstruction, pyloric stenosis, epilepsy, extrapyramidal disorders, in the presence of prolactin-dependent tumors, Parkinson's disease. With arterial hypertension, bronchial asthma, pathology of the kidneys, liver, in pediatrics prescribed with caution.
Appointment during pregnancy and lactation
In very rare cases, Reglan may be prescribed to a pregnant woman, but only when taking it does not threaten the fetus and the pregnant woman herself.
Dosage and method of use
As indicated in the instructions for use pills Tsurakal ingested 30 minutes before meals three times a day for 5-10mg. The tablet is recommended to drink with a large volume of liquid. The maximum daily dose of 60mg, single 20mg.
Injections of Cerukal, instructions for use:
Adults and from the age of 14 are administered intramuscularly or slowly intravenously in one ampoule 1-3 per day.
Children from 2 to 14 years old should be injected at the rate of 0.1 mg / kg, the maximum permissible dose per day is 0.5 mg / kg.
During treatment with Regul tablets, the patient may experience adverse reactions:
- from the organs of the gastrointestinal tract - dry mouth, heartburn, belching, feeling of heaviness in the stomach, constipation, bloating, increased gas formation;
- on the part of the nervous system - dizziness, insomnia, fatigue, lethargy, apathy, unreasonable feeling of fear, tinnitus, twitching of facial muscles, spasm of facial muscles, tremor of extremities;
- on the part of the cardiovascular system - a change in blood pressure, tachycardia;
- on the part of the endocrine system - galactorrhea in women (the release of colostrum from the breast, not associated with lactation), gynecomastia, menstrual disorders, impaired erectile function.
With the development of one or more of the described side effects, treatment with the drug is canceled and see a doctor.
Symptoms of overdose
Testimonials from Cerucule reported that overdose caused confusion, irritability, convulsions, bradycardia, hyperkinesis, extrapyramidal disorders, arterial hypotension or hypertension. Symptomatic treatment.
Before you start using the drug, read the specific instructions:
- In the process of treatment should refrain from alcohol.
- Children and adolescents from 2 to 14 years with the purpose of proper dosing of the drug is prescribed only in the form of injections.
- In adolescents and in patients with severely impaired renal function, there is an increased risk of side effects.
- Against the background of the use of metoclopramide, data may be distorted by laboratory parameters of liver function and determine the concentration of aldosterone and prolactin in plasma.
During the period of treatment, it is necessary to refrain from driving vehicles and practicing potentially hazardous activities that require increased concentration and psychomotor speed.
Compatibility with other drugs
When using the drug, you must consider the interaction with other drugs:
- Anticholinergics can weaken the effect of metoclopramide.
- Metoclopramide reduces the effectiveness of pergolid, levodopa.
- Metoclopramide increases the bioavailability of cyclosporine, which may require monitoring its concentration.
- Metoclopramide increases plasma bromocriptine concentration.
- Metoclopramide increases the absorption of antibiotics (tetracycline, ampicillin), paracetamol, levodopa, lithium and alcohol.
- Metoclopramide reduces the absorption of digoxin and cimetidine.
- Metoclopramide enhances the effects of alcohol and drugs that depress the central nervous system.
- Neuroleptic drugs when administered concurrently with metoclopramide may increase the risk of extrapyramidal disorders.
- Metoclopramide increases the risk of hepatotoxicity when combined with hepatotoxic drugs.
We offer you to read the reviews of people who used Zeercal:
- Anna. Very scary drug! In no case do not give children! It is very difficult to properly divide the pill! Overdose causes convulsions, loss of consciousness, shortness of breath! The ambulance does not know what to give as an antidod.
- Ivan Personally, I have no help at all. I really do not know what it is connected with. It turned out that when the doctor prescribed this drug for poisoning, in general, I drank a little. After the intramuscular injection, I didn’t feel better, they said to wait half an hour. There was no effect, only an injection was done in vain. To my mother, on the contrary, except for cerucal, nothing helps from vomiting. Apparently, also an individual feature. So it is impossible to judge too strictly, all people perceive even universal medicines in different ways.
- Nikolai. Because of the disease, I had to take cytostatics, but their use has many side effects. I had nausea, vomiting, and a headache. With the first two symptoms, Tsirukal successfully coped, although his head ached from him even more, but I tolerated it. I made droppers with a solution of the drug - repeated every 2-3 hours.
Structural analogues of the active substance:
- Metoclopramide Acre;
- Metoclopramide Vial;
- Metoclopramide Promed;
- Metoclopramide ESCOM;
Before buying an analogue, consult your doctor.
Shelf life and storage conditions
It is recommended to keep the tablets out of the reach of children, away from sunlight. The optimum storage temperature should not exceed 25 degrees. The shelf life of the tablets is indicated on the package and is 5 years from the date of manufacture.
Do not take pills by mouth after expiration date.