Cerepro is a nootropic drug belonging to cholinomimetics of central action.
It promotes the connection of various elements in the membranes, normalizes blood circulation and metabolic processes in the central nervous system regions. It has a positive effect on areas of the brain that have been seriously injured. It improves cognitive and behavioral reflexes in patients with vascular diseases of the brain.
The drug is used for rehabilitation after suffering traumatic brain injuries, psychoorganic syndromes, hemorrhagic and ischemic strokes, as well as insufficient blood supply to the brain and specific disorders in the human cognitive sphere.
Nootropic drug. Cholinomimetic central action.
Terms of sale from pharmacies
You can buy by prescription.
How much is Cerepro in pharmacies? The average price is at the level of 550 rubles.
Composition and release form
Cerepro medication is available in two dosage forms:
- Red soft capsules with the content of the active substance (choline alfoscerate) in the amount of 400 mg (in the form of a transparent oily liquid). 14 capsules per pack;
- A clear solution for injection (for intravenous and intramuscular administration) containing 1 g of the active ingredient in one ampoule (choline alfoscerate). In 4 ml ampoules.
Cerepro activates the synthesis of acetylcholine and phosphatidylcholine in neural membranes, improves blood flow and enhances metabolic processes in the central nervous system. In addition, this drug helps to improve the linear speed of blood flow in the area of brain damage, restore the spatial and temporal characteristics of the bioelectric activity of the brain, as well as improve the cognitive and behavioral responses of patients suffering from vascular pathology of the brain.
The use of Cerepro improves the functionality of the brain, changes in the phospholipid composition of the neural membranes and reduces cholinergic activity. This drug is involved in the synthesis of phosphatidylcholine, enhances the release of acetylcholine, increases the plasticity of neural membranes, synaptic transmission and receptor functionality.
The widespread use of Cerepro in medical practice demonstrates its high efficacy in the treatment of organic pathologies of the central nervous system.
Indications for use
What helps? Cerepro is used for the following diseases:
- Acute and recovery periods of severe craniocerebral injuries (with coma and impaired consciousness).
- Disorders of cerebral circulation in hemorrhagic type (recovery period) and ischemic type (recovery and acute periods), accompanied by symptoms of a brain stem lesion or focal hemispheric symptomatology.
- Psychoorganic syndrome on the background of involutional and degenerative changes in the brain, as well as the consequences of cerebrovascular insufficiency.
- Senile pseudomelancholia, as well as changes in behavioral and emotional sphere (increased irritability, emotional lability, loss of interest).
Cerepro is also effective in cognitive disorders (memory and cognitive impairment, disorientation, confusion, reduced initiative, motivation and ability to concentrate).
The absolute medical contraindications for receiving Cerepro capsules are individual intolerance to any of the components of this drug, pregnancy for any duration of the course, as well as the period of breastfeeding (lactation). Before prescribing Cerepro capsules, the doctor will make sure that there are no contraindications.
Appointment during pregnancy and lactation
It does not apply to any period of pregnancy, also is not assigned to nursing mothers.
Dosage and method of use
In the instructions for use Cerepro indicated that in the treatment of diseases and conditions occurring in acute forms, Cerepro solution is administered intramuscularly or intravenously. The average daily dosage is 1 g of Cerepro (1 ampoule). The duration of therapy is up to 15 days, after which the drug is taken orally at a daily dosage of 1.2 g. In this case, 2 capsules should be taken in the morning and the third in the afternoon. The duration of treatment is up to six months.
When treating chronic conditions, Cerepro is taken in capsule form (preferably before meals). A single dose - one capsule, the multiplicity of reception - three times a day. The duration of medication treatment is usually 6 months.
In case of an overdose, Cerepro reviews may cause dyspepsia. For treatment, gastric lavage is usually performed followed by the intake of activated carbon.
When treating these drugs, the patient may experience some adverse reactions:
- state of aggressiveness, anxiety, sleep problems;
- dizziness, headache;
- allergic reactions;
- symptoms of gastritis;
- peptic ulcer disease;
- feeling of dryness of the oral mucosa;
- frequent urination.
With the introduction of the drug, the patient may feel pain, manifestations of postinjection local pain are also possible.
Symptoms of overdose
Symptoms of drug overdose are extremely rare. If you exceed the recommended dose, there may be a violation of the work of the digestive system. With signs of overdose, you need to take a sorbent drug, hold a gastric lavage.
Cerepro does not affect the speed of psychomotor reactions.
If nausea occurs after taking the drug, reduce the dose.
Compatibility with other drugs
Drug interaction drug Cerepro is not installed.
We offer you to read the reviews of people who used Cerepro:
- Alla I have hypertensive crises happened very often. Nothing helped. They were very afraid of a heart attack, then a friend offered to put an IV with this medicine. After reading reviews on the Internet, I decided. A miracle happened, the pressure returned to normal, the memory improved, and I completely forgot about dizziness. Excellent drug.
- Zinaida Acute violation of cerebral circulation (ONMK) in her husband has affected the violation of motor coordination, which was expressed in precariousness when walking and dizziness. To improve cerebral circulation, Cerepro analogue of Gliatilin was prescribed, after which his general condition and coordination improved, his gait became clearer and dizziness disappeared. He became more confident on his feet and walking. Took 6 months, did not cause side effects. In restoring a person after a stroke and improving blood circulation, the drug helped.
- Olga A couple of months ago, the doctor prescribed drugs to recover from TBI, more precisely to eliminate the consequences after it, namely, it became absent-minded and inattentive + headaches were added when I started thinking actively. I chose Gliatilin and Cerepro between the two drugs. I didn’t understand what the difference was, but at the price Cerepro is much more profitable, especially considering the course duration of 4 months, so I naturally bought Cerepro. She took strictly as recommended by the doctor, 2 tablets in the morning and 1 in the evening, now she has reduced the dosage - 1 tablet 2 times a day. The result became noticeable after a month of use. At work, I didn’t get so tired of the tension and better think, became more concentrated and better memorize the tasks that had been written down before. I think by the end of the course my health will finally recover.
Preparations from the group of nootropics are provided on the market in a fairly large assortment. To the closest in composition and therapeutic action are:
- Cereton is a nootropic drug to improve the functioning of brain structures.
- Fezam is a drug from the group of nootropics. It allows you to increase concentration, improve memory, reduces the risk of developing cardiovascular pathologies.
- Cerebrolysin is a rather expensive analogue of the drug, which is often used in the hospital for intravenous administration. The indications for prescribing drugs are acute and chronic diseases of the cardiovascular system.
Before buying an analogue, consult your doctor.
Gliatilin or Cepro: which is better?
Both of these products contain a similar active ingredient. They differ only in price and quality level. Cerepro is cheaper than Gliatilin, but the level of purity of the active substance in it is lower, therefore, the effect on the body may be less pronounced.
Shelf life and storage conditions
Keep the medicine must be out of the reach of children. It is forbidden to use the drug after the expiration date. The optimal storage temperature is no higher than 20 degrees. Pharmacies can buy medicine without a prescription.