Urorek is a drug intended for the treatment of urinary disorders caused by benign prostatic hyperplasia.
The therapeutic effect of Urerek is achieved by blocking postsynaptic A1a-adrenoreceptors, which cause tension in the smooth muscles of the prostate, bladder neck and urinary tract (the prostatic part). The drug is highly selective, that is, it does not affect the smooth muscles of other organs and the tone of blood vessels, and therefore has a minimum of side effects.
Available in the form of capsules, which contain 4 or 8 mg of the active ingredient.
The drug used for urination disorders associated with benign prostatic hyperplasia. Alpha1-blocker.
Terms of sale from pharmacies
You can buy by prescription.
How much does Urorek in pharmacies? The average price is at the level of 790 rubles.
Composition and release form
The drug Urorek released in the form of capsules containing 4 or 8 mg of the active substance - silodosin (in the form of a white crystalline powder). 10 pieces per pack.
The main active ingredient of Urerek is silodozin.
The drug is a highly selective competitive antagonist of alpha 1-adrenoceptors, which blocks postsynaptic alpha1-adrenergic receptors located in the neck of the bladder, the smooth muscle of the prostate gland, the prostatic urethra, as well as reduces the tone of smooth muscle, promoting better outflow of urine. Thus, symptoms of irritation and obstruction due to benign hyperplasia are reduced.
Urorek has a high selectivity. Silodozin does not affect blood pressure.
Indications for use
The main medical indication for taking Urorek capsules is to improve the urination process in men with benign prostatic hyperplasia (adenoma).
Do not use the drug Urorek in the following cases:
- age up to 18 years;
- severe hepatic and renal failure;
- high sensitivity to any component of the drug;
- pregnancy, as well as breastfeeding;
- Carefully means is appointed at an average degree of a renal failure.
Dosage and method of use
As indicated in the instructions for use, the recommended dose of Urorek - 8 mg 1 time / day, at the same time as a meal, preferably at the same time of day. It is necessary to swallow the capsule whole, preferably with a glass of water.
When treating patients with moderate renal insufficiency (CC ≥30- <50 ml / min), it is recommended to take the drug in the dose of 4 mg / day for the first week, then with good individual tolerance you can increase the dose to 8 mg / day.
In severe renal insufficiency, silodosin is not recommended.
The most frequent side effects are disorders of the reproductive system, such as retrograde ejaculation and aneconstruction. Also, taking the drug can cause:
- Dry mouth;
- Erectile dysfunction;
- Decreased libido;
- Orthostatic hypotension.
For some time after receiving Urerek, according to reviews, blood pressure may decrease or orthostatic hypotension develops, which manifests as dizziness and weakness. In this case, it is recommended to sit down or lie down.
Patients who are to undergo cataract-related surgery should stop taking Urerek 1-2 weeks before the appointed day, otherwise complications such as the “flabby” iris intraoperative syndrome may occur.
Overdose of the drug is accompanied by the following symptoms: a pronounced decrease in blood pressure, compensatory tachycardia.
To eliminate the signs of overdose, it is necessary to wash the stomach, take activated carbon or osmotic laxative, take symptomatic therapy aimed at increasing the BCC, drink vasoconstrictor drugs. Be sure to control the function of the kidneys. Dialysis is ineffective due to the intense binding of the drug to plasma proteins.
Treatment with the drug Urorek leads to a decrease in the amount of seminal fluid, which can affect male fertility. This effect disappears after discontinuation of the drug Urorek.
As with other alpha1-adrenergic blockers in the treatment with silodosin, a decrease in blood pressure or orthostatic hypotension may be observed. At the first sign of orthostatic hypotension (dizziness, weakness), the patient should sit down or lie down and remain in that position until the symptoms of orthostatic hypotension disappear.
Since benign prostatic hyperplasia and prostate tumors have similar symptoms and can develop together, patients with suspected benign prostatic hyperplasia need to be examined before prescribing the drug to exclude prostate tumors.
Patients taking or taking alpha1-blockers may experience flabby iris syndrome during cataract surgery, which can lead to complications during surgery. It is necessary to stop treatment with alpha1-adrenergic blockers 1-2 weeks before such an operation. Patients who are scheduled for cataract surgery are not recommended to start treatment with Urorek.
Interaction with other drugs
Combination with other alpha-blockers is not recommended due to the possible potentiation of the action.
The combined use of CYP3A4 isoenzyme inhibitors (ketoconazole, clarithromycin, itraconazole, ritonavir) is not recommended, because increases the concentration of silodosin in the plasma.
PDE5 inhibitors (sildenafil, tadalafil) when used together may increase the risk of dizziness.
Antihypertensive drugs (beta-blockers, calcium antagonists, drugs acting on the RAAS, diuretics) when used together can increase orthostatic hypotension.
We offer to read the reviews of people who used Urorek:
- Victor. I have to take non-direct coagulants (syncumar), because I have a lawsuit. heart valve. The urologist appointed me a sonizin (the same omnic) After the first dose, I dropped A / D to 44/30. It was something ... The doctor does not believe that this is possible, that it was possible to do without an ambulance. In such cases, the horizontal position and abundant drinking. Imagine how I was afraid to take Urorek. I started taking it on 4 mg, it cost me, the pressure did not drop significantly. Now I take 8 mg with food once a day. I am very superstitious .... Who has problems I recommend ALL. And the absence of ejaculation didn’t affect my sexual desire ... But if you want to conceive a child, you can not be treated ... Master-master.
- Yuri. A good medicine, everything suits me, does not eliminate the symptoms as quickly as we would like, but it does not act to the detriment of the body, it is safe. I went to the doctor, he wrote me a prescription for capsules and prescribed a special diet. Followed the instructions and in order. Although the cost of the pills is of course high, especially if you need to take them for a long time.
Analogues of Urerek according to the method of action are the following drugs:
- Tablets - Alfuzosin, Tamsulosin retard, Dalfaz retard, Dalfaz SR, Omnik Okas;
- Capsules - Hyperprost, Tamsulosin, Omnik, Omsulosin, Proflosin, Tamsulon-FS, Taniz-K, Sonizin, Revokarin, Tamsulosin, Fokusin, Tamzelin, Tulosin.
Analogues of Urerek containing the same active substance, do not release.
Before buying an analogue, consult your doctor.
Shelf life and storage conditions
Keep dry, protected from light and out of reach of children at a temperature not higher than + 30 ° C.
Shelf life - 2 years.