Stellanin in the form of an ointment is intended for the treatment of dry-type wounds.
It was developed by the luminaries of the Russian Scientific Pharmaceutical Society and is characterized by a unique composition that provides regenerating, anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial effects.
This tool is often used by patients with an established diagnosis of diabetes, as well as bed patients, especially the elderly, patients after undergoing heavy operations.
The tool can also be used to heal complicated wound injuries of the skin.
The drug with anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial and improves tissue regeneration effect.
Terms of sale from pharmacies
You can buy by prescription.
How much does Stellanin ointment cost in pharmacies? The average price is at 450 rubles.
Composition and release form
Stellanin is available in the form of ointment and drops for internal and local use.
- The ointment contains the active substance diethylbenzimidazole triiodide. Additional substances: dimexide, petrolatum, glycerol, povidone.
The drug is available in tubes of 20 g, which are packed in a cardboard box.
- Drops Stellanin also contain the active ingredient diethylbenzimidazole triiodide.
Drops are available in 25 ml darkened vials packed in a carton box.
Stellanin-PEG is an ointment that improves tissue regeneration, has antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory activity.
The mechanism of action of the drug due to the antibacterial properties of active iodine, which is part of 1,3-diethylbenzimidazolium triiodide. Inactivating the enzyme proteins of bacteria and proteins of the bacterial wall, active iodine inhibits their synthesis. The pronounced antimicrobial action of the ointment protects the wound surfaces from infection.
In the treatment of purulent wounds, the high osmotic potential of the ointment provides for the evacuation of the separated purulent masses from the wound defect.
Stellanin and Stellanin-PEG
The ointment is produced in aluminum tubes, packaged in 20 gr. On sale there are 2 forms of release means: Stellan and Stellan PEG.
Their use can significantly reduce recovery time for burn disease (up to 20%), and also reduces the volume of surgical intervention in autodermoplasty. The active chemical compound in both preparations is identical, the difference is made up of the auxiliary components of the ointment.
- Stellanin PEG is used in the first phase of the wound process and for weeping wounds. Due to the presence of the osmotic (drying) effect, which provides additional components of the tool, there is an intensification of purification and activation of epithelialization processes, and active iodine destroys pathogenic microflora.
- Stellanin original on a hydrophobic basis is intended for use in clinical practice in the treatment of wounds in the third stage of the wound process, and for dry wounds. In this therapeutic form, auxiliary ingredients enhance regeneration processes and exhibit minimal osmotic properties. Possessing a low drying potential, the ointment during application creates favorable conditions for the growth and development of granulations. Simultaneously, the activity of microorganisms remaining in the place of injury is suppressed and secondary infection of the wound surface is prevented.
Indications for use
In addition to household cuts, abrasions and scratches, Stellanin is used as a wound healing agent, which restores the structure of the skin in the most serious cases:
- suppuration of wounds after surgery;
- sore bedsores;
- complicated trophic ulcer;
- formations on the skin, affecting the upper layers of tissue, after which I can remain deep scars (carbuncles, boils, abscesses);
- inflammation of burn areas of the skin with a high degree of damage;
- acute pharyngitis (used drops);
- chronic tonsillitis (used drops).
- age up to 18 years;
- I term of the pregnancy period;
- simultaneous use of radioactive iodine;
- thyroid adenoma;
- severe renal failure;
- individual intolerance to the components of the drug.
According to the instructions, Stellanin-PEG should be used with caution in patients with chronic renal insufficiency, during the second and third trimesters of pregnancy, when breastfeeding.
Dosage and method of use
As indicated in the instructions for use Stellanin ointment is applied to the damaged surface of the skin so that the skin area is covered with the drug completely. The duration and frequency of application of the drug depends on the severity of the disease and the localization process. The daily dose should not exceed 10 g. It is possible to use occlusive dressings and a patch.
In the treatment of granulating burns, wounds and trophic ulcers with weak exudation, the preparation is applied in an even layer 1–1.5 mm thick so that the entire affected surface is covered with ointment and a sterile gauze bandage is applied. The dressing is changed 1 time in 1-2 days in the treatment of burns and 1-2 times / day in the treatment of wounds and trophic ulcers. With the open method of treating burns, the preparation is applied 1-2 times / day. The duration of treatment is determined by the dynamics of epithelialization of wounds.
With minor skin lesions (abrasions, cuts, scratches, cracks, scratches), the preparation is applied with a thin layer on the affected surface 2 times / day.
In some cases, when applying liniment, the patient may develop allergic reactions: redness of the skin, itching, burning. If you experience such effects from the use of ointment should be abandoned and seek medical advice for the selection of another drug.
Strictly unacceptable to hit ointment on the mucous membrane of the eye. If this happens, the eyes should be rinsed with a large amount of running water and contact an ophthalmologist for examination and further therapy if a burn of the mucous membrane has occurred.
Cases of overdose are not described. In case of accidental ingestion of the drug, nausea and vomiting may occur. It is necessary to flush the stomach and consult a doctor, if necessary, carry out symptomatic treatment.
Ointment can not be applied to the mucous membranes.
If the drug gets into the eyes or mucous membranes, rinse with warm water.
Interaction with other drugs
In the presence of blood, the bactericidal effect of the drug may be reduced.
Do not use the drug in combination with other antiseptic agents containing mercury, oxidizing agents, alkalis and cationic surfactants.
We offer you to read the reviews of people who used Stellanin ointment:
- Ilya. Hello everyone, I was at sea stepping on a sea urchin, it was pulled out incorrectly, the wound was very sore without visible damage, it was painful to attack, there was a lump on my foot inside and a little tuberosity on my foot that I didn’t help, I learned about Stellanin on the Internet, I decided to try what attracted our Russian producer Azov, there are no analogues, well, I’ll say right away I was very surprised by the result, immediately squeezed all the pus into the upper layers of the skin, which I couldn’t think of, the pain disappeared in the first 24 hours, the inflammation subsided, the ointment really helped I do not know what they say, they say in Moscow chickens are milked, but Stellanin very effective ointment, would recommend !!!
- Michael. Stellanin (ointment) applied on the basis of reviews on the network. He treated trophic ulcers on the right foot in the area slightly smaller than the palm in the initial stage (about two dozen itchy and bleeding hillocks, the size of a small coin). He didn’t believe in success, but two weeks passed and everything healed and didn’t itch, but I don’t hesitate to wear shorts — a light spot on the skin is very noticeable. Minus: the smell of ointment is not the most pleasant. In meditation: -caricosis in me running, probably have to repeat the course. Unsubscribe from anyone who has this experience.
- Serey Bought Stellanin for burn treatment. I do not understand how this ointment can be used. She is very thick. Smear on the bandage is very difficult. It was not always possible to make the medicine not get on healthy skin. The bottom line is a chemical burn of the wound edge. Stellanin is very expensive for such inconvenience. Never buy it again. Familiar not advise.
The specially developed formula of the molecular component of Stellanin has no analogues yet. Drugs that have wound healing properties:
- Betadine (ointment). Manufacturer Hungary. The drug has anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties. The active ingredient is iodine.
- Bepanthen (ointment). Manufacturer Germany. The ointment has a regenerating effect. The active substance is dexpanthenol.
- Braunodin B. Braun (solution). Manufacturer Germany. It has antiseptic properties. The active substance is povidone iodine.
Before buying an analogue, consult your doctor.
Shelf life and storage conditions
Ointment must be stored in a dark, cool place out of the reach of children. From the date of manufacture, the drug should be stored no more than 2 years, the production date is indicated on the packaging.