Polygynax is a combined antibacterial agent in the form of vaginal capsules for topical use, which also has antifungal effect.
Such a drug in the form of capsules for insertion into the vagina is often used in gynecological practice to eliminate the diseases and inflammatory processes provoked by the activity of bacteria and fungi. The tool is often used to treat and prevent recurrences of thrush in women.
The advantage of this form is the direct impact on the nidus of the pathological process, a similar effect cannot be achieved using tablets, capsules and other means of systemic exposure.
The drug with antibacterial and antifungal effects for local use in gynecology.
Pharmacy sales terms
It is released on prescription.
How much does Poliginax candles cost in pharmacies? The average price is at 400 rubles.
Release form and composition
The release form of the drug are soft capsules intended for insertion into the vagina. These vaginal suppositories have a milky-beige color and a pleasant, smooth texture. The shape resembles an elongated oval.
The composition of the candles:
- One capsule contains 35 thousand IU of neomycin sulfate;
- 35 thousand IU of polymyxin B sulfate;
- 100 thousand IU of nystatin;
- Among other components, substances such as: soybean oil, hydrogenated, Tephoz 63, Dimethicone 1000;
- The shell has the following composition: glycerol, gelatin, dimethicone 1000 and purified water.
Candles are sold for 6 pieces in one plate, and one or two plates in a package.
Due to the active ingredients contained in the vaginal capsules Polygynax, the drug has an antibacterial and antifungal effect. Polymyxin B and neomycin are antibiotics with a broad spectrum of activity, they have a bactericidal effect (leading to the death of bacterial cells) against most pathogenic bacteria.
Streptococci and anaerobic bacteria (microorganisms, the growth and reproduction of which takes place only in anoxic conditions) are not sensitive to the action of these antibiotics. Nystatin is an antifungal agent with fungicidal action (leads to the death of fungal cells), it is most active against the yeast fungi of the genus Candida.
Also, Polygynax vaginal capsules improve metabolism (trophic processes) in the cells of the vaginal mucosa.
Indications for use
Vaginal capsules are used to treat inflammation caused by the development of microorganisms that are sensitive to the action of the drug. Polygynax destroys the source of the following infectious processes, destructively acting on the causative agents of such diseases:
- inflammation caused by the development of the fungus - fungal vaginitis;
- combined infection resulting from the action of bacteria and fungi at the same time - mixed vaginitis;
- inflammatory process triggered by the causative bacteria of the vaginal mucosa - bacterial vaginitis;
- infectious-inflammatory pathology localized on the mucous membranes of the vulva (vulvovaginitis) or cervix (cervicovaginitis).
Polygynax is also justified for prevention. It reduces the likelihood of complications after diagnostic or surgical procedures. The course of laying capsules can be assigned:
- as prevention of inflammation before childbirth;
- to prepare for intrauterine manipulation;
- before treatment of erosion or pseudo-erosion of the cervix by the method of diathermocoagulation (cauterization) and after it.
The use of Polygynax is absolutely contraindicated in case of personal hypersensitivity to capsule ingredients observed in the patient, as well as to women in the first trimester of pregnancy and breastfeeding mothers.
Use during pregnancy and lactation
In pregnancy, women can only treat thrush and other Poliginax diseases on prescription and under close medical supervision.
In case of emergency, candles are put in the minimum dosage - 6 pcs. for the course. When breastfeeding to use Poliginaks can not, because its antibacterial components can harm the baby.
Dosage and method of use
The instructions for use indicate that Polygynax is intended for intravaginal use. The drug should be administered deep into the vagina in the supine position, 1 capsule 1 time per day, before bedtime.
Duration of therapeutic use - 12 days, prophylactic - 6 days.
In case of skipping the next application, the dose should not be doubled, it is necessary to continue using the drug in the usual way.
As a rule, Polygynax drug capsules are well tolerated. Extremely rarely against the background of their use in women allergic reactions occur.
The list of side effects is as follows:
- itching and burning of the genitals;
- swelling of the perineum;
- redness of the external genitals.
Against the background of prolonged use, symptoms characteristic of the use of antibacterial agents may appear. Such a manifestation is associated with the private reaction of the female body to the antibacterial component contained in the agent.
Cases of overdose when using the drug are not recorded.
Theoretically, in the case of excessive use of capsules, the occurrence of side effects characteristic of Polygynax or the aggravation of already observed negative effects may occur.
Before you start using the drug, read the specific instructions:
- You should not interrupt the course of treatment during menstruation.
- It is not recommended to use latex caps and condoms during treatment.
- Before using the drug, a preliminary smear and bacteriological analysis are necessary.
- Terms of the drug should be limited to prevent the formation of resistance to it of individual pathogens and the risk of reinfection.
- The patient should be warned about the need to inform the doctor about the aggravation of any of the side effects indicated in the instructions or about the appearance of other side effects not indicated in the instructions.
It is not recommended to use Poliginax simultaneously with spermicides, since may decrease the activity of the drug.
We picked up some reviews of women using Poliginax candles:
- Valeria. When the gynecologist wrote me Polygynax, she warned that the tool acts in several directions. On the next visit, it turned out that with its use, erosion also cured, and I didn’t make extra effort to treat it, and excessive secretions stopped, which bothered me a little.
- Alla I almost gave birth at 32 weeks. Assigned to prevent thrush because was a chronic form. For 2 weeks, she doubted, read, thought, doubted ... then she decided not to be clever and to trust the doctor. Well, after the second capsule zmbolla back and stomach. At night I thought to face such pain cramping. Canceled. Everything went and subsided. Can ind. intolerance, or that it was not know, but the fact remains. Very scared and the remnants of trust to the doctor gone.
- Tatyana. When I first encountered the symptoms of thrush, I ran an appointment with a gynecologist and left her with a prescription for Polygynax vaginal suppositories. The doctor said they were harmless. Oval capsules were very large and soft, stored them in the refrigerator. I felt the effect of the treatment in the morning, so I am very pleased with the remedy, I recommend it.
If, due to side effects or contraindications, treatment with Poliginax is not possible, candles are replaced with intravaginal analogs. These are creams, tablets and suppositories with similar effects and indications:
- Cervugid, etc.
Before using analogues consult your doctor.
Storage conditions and shelf life
Store at temperatures up to 25 ºС out of the reach of children.
Shelf life - 2 years.