Normaze is a drug of hypoammonium, laxative and hyperosmotic action.
Stimulates the motor function of the intestine and improves the absorption of salts of phosphoric acids and calcium. In this case, the drug has the ability to inhibit the growth of Salmonella in the colon, does not directly affect the smooth muscles and the mucous membrane of the colon, does not reduce the absorption of vitamins, does not cause addiction.
The effect of normase can develop quickly, or with a delay of 24-48 hours. The drug is endowed with the ability to inhibit the growth of Salmonella in the large intestine. At the end of a brief description of the pharmacological characteristics of normase, it should be noted that it does not reduce the absorption of vitamins and does not contribute to the development of tolerance (which is a very important property for a laxative drug).
Laxative drug with osmotic properties. Hypoammonic drug.
Pharmacy sales terms
It is released without a prescription.
How much is Normase in pharmacies? The average price is at the level of 290 rubles.
Release form and composition
The drug is presented in pharmacies only one form - syrup. It is a medium thick transparent liquid, which can be either without any shade or brownish-yellow. One bottle of dark glass contains 200 ml of syrup.
- Active ingredient: lactulose, its content in 1 g of syrup is 0.667 g.
- Additional components: purified water, citric acid, cream flavor (vanillin, dihydrocoumarin and propylene glycol).
The medicine package includes a plastic measuring cup, on which there are divisions from 5 to 30 ml.
Normaze is a laxative drug. It has an osmotic and hypoammonium effect.
Its main component of lactulose is a synthetic oligosaccharide with fructose and galactose residues. The human body does not break down this substance on its own, because there are no appropriate enzymes for this. Without succumbing to the action of alkaline and acidic environments, lactulose enters the intestine in its original state. There, under the influence of a specific microflora, it hydrolyzes, decomposing into organic acids (lactic, formic and acetic).
In the process of hydrolysis of lactulose, the large intestine is under osmotic pressure of a high level, therefore fluid enters the blood there. The volume of feces increases, they soften. The intestinal peristalsis is stimulated, an acidic environment is created there that hinders the development and growth of pathogenic microflora. There is an active reproduction of bifidobacteria and lactobacilli. Due to the properties of lactulose, the drug helps to normalize the intestinal microflora.
Indications for use
What helps? Normase apply for the following pathological conditions:
- Hepatic encephalopathy, coma and precoma.
- Chronic constipation of a functional nature.
- Salmonellosis (not including generalized forms).
The drug is prescribed for the regulation of stool with anal fissures and hemorrhoids, if necessary, surgery on the colon or in the area of the anus, in the postoperative period.
- Intestinal obstruction;
- Ileostomy, colostomy;
- Intolerance to galactose or fructose;
- Suspected appendicitis;
- Rectal bleeding (not hemorrhoidal);
- Hypersensitivity to the drug.
Normase prescribed with caution in patients with diabetes.
Use during pregnancy and lactation
Normaze can be used during pregnancy, as it does not adversely affect the condition of the fetus. Lactulose does not enter the general circulation, therefore it does not have a systemic effect on the body. Reviews during pregnancy are mostly positive, since the drug helps to effectively eliminate constipation, which is a frequent problem for a woman who is expecting a child.
In addition, Normase has a positive effect on the state of the vaginal microflora, preventing ascending infections. When breastfeeding Normaze is also prescribed.
Dosage and method of use
The instructions for use indicate that Normase should be taken orally after meals.
- In case of constipation, adults in the first 3 days should be prescribed 15–40 ml / day, then 10–25 ml / day. Children over 6 years old - in the first 3 days, 15 ml / day is prescribed, then 10 ml / day, at the age of 1-6 years - 5-10 ml / day, at the age of 1 year - 5 ml / day. Duration of treatment from 4 weeks to 3-4 months.
- In the postoperative period, adults are prescribed 10-30 ml 3 times / day, children over 1 year old - 5-10 ml 2-3 times / day, at the age of 1 year - 5 ml 2-3 times / day. The drug is prescribed after 18-24 h after surgery for 3-5 days.
- With hepatic coma, precoma, encephalopathy and hyperammonemia, the initial dose is 30-60 ml 3 times / day. Then the dose is selected so that soft stool was 2-3 times / day. Treatment may last up to 3 months or more.
When taking Normase such side effects are possible:
- allergic reactions;
- flatulence, nausea, diarrhea (if you exceed the dose), colic, abdominal pain;
- electrolyte imbalance (with prolonged use).
If a person drinks too much a syrup, it will lead to loose stools and abdominal pain.
Usually, overdose treatment is not required, but in cases where diarrhea has led to an imbalance of water and electrolytes, this problem must be eliminated with rehydration solutions and other drugs.
With prolonged use of the drug (more than 6 months) should regularly monitor the content of potassium, chlorine and carbon dioxide in the blood plasma.
Against the background of gastrocardiac syndrome, to avoid the development of flatulence, it is necessary to gradually increase the dose.
With simultaneous use of antibiotics and antacids reduce the effectiveness of lactulose.
Lactulose alters the pH-dependent release of enteric drugs. It is not recommended to take lactulose within 2 hours after taking other medicines.
We picked up some reviews of people using the drug Normaze:
- Hope. Normase is lactulose, and it is in no way for those with lactose intolerance, and the symptoms of this intolerance are very similar to those described here. Here I have this problem in my life, and I have to look for all the lactose-free and medical preparations including (now for some reason they add lactose everywhere). After several unsuccessful experiments, she turned to a doctor, he prescribed a veganaprat - there are no problems with him at all, and there is no addiction either, so I advise you to pay attention.
- Natalia. Oh God. Poor my baby. 4 months we suffer from constipation. The pharmacy stumbled upon a booklet with Normaze. I consulted with the doctor-bought. Gave 2,5ml during food. After 4 hours I went to the toilet. Of course my joy knew no bounds. But early rejoiced. Now we suffer 2 days from colic. Poor kid so twists, straining all the time, and farts barely barely. Of course I won't give it anymore.
- Nikolai. It so happened that I had to undergo surgery on the large intestine. The recovery was not easy, but thanks to Normaz I didn’t suffer so much. I was afraid to go to the toilet in panic, only the syrup helped me decide on this. During the period of application there was a slight nausea, but I can not say that from Normase, and not from other drugs prescribed to me.
Structural analogues of Normase are the following syrups: Goodluck, Duphalac, Lactulose, Lactulose Poly, Lactulose Stada, Livolyuk-PB, Portalak and Romfalak.
According to belonging to one pharmacological subgroup ("Osmotic laxatives") and the similarity of the mechanism of action by analogues of Normaze, we can consider: Dinolak, Imported N, Lavacol, Magnesium sulfate, Moviprep, Osmogol, Relaksan, Tranzipeg, Transulose, Flit Phospho-soda, Forlax, Fortesa, Romfarm , Fortrans, Expal, Endofalk.
Before using analogues consult your doctor.
Normaze or Duphalac?
This question is often asked by users, in essence, does not make sense. Normaze and Duphalac are analogous preparations and even synonyms, since in both the active ingredient is lactulose. Even at the price of these drugs are almost identical.
Storage conditions and shelf life
Keep out of reach of children, storage temperature - 15-25 ° C.
Shelf life - 3 years.