Mexicor is an antioxidant drug that reduces the manifestations of oxidative stress, improves cellular energy exchange, the functional state of the ischemic myocardium during myocardial infarction, and the contractile function of the heart, reducing the manifestations of left ventricular diastolic and systolic dysfunctions.
Mexicor possesses nootropic properties, prevents and reduces learning and memory disorders arising from vascular diseases of the brain (ischemic stroke, dyscirculatory encephalopathy), with mild and moderate cognitive impairment, has antihypoxic effect, increases concentration and performance.
The inclusion of the drug in the complex therapy of patients with acute disorders of blood circulation in the brain reduces the severity of clinical manifestations of stroke and improves the course of the rehabilitation period.
Clinical and pharmacological group
Pharmacy sales terms
It is released on prescription.
How much does a mexicor cost? The average price in pharmacies is 200 rubles.
Release form and composition
Mexico Dosage Forms:
- Capsules: yellow, gelatinous, solid, size No. 2; the contents of the capsules - granules, which include in the composition of the granules and powder yellowish-white or white (10 capsules in the package cell contour, in a cardboard bundle in 2, 3 or 6 packs).
- Solution for intravenous and intramuscular administration: colorless or slightly colored, clear liquid (2 ml each in a vial of dark glass, in a package of mesh contour 5 ampoules in a cardboard bundle 1, 2, or 4 packs).
Ingredients 1 capsules:
- Active ingredient: ethylmethylhydroxypyridine succinate - 100 mg;
- Additional components: povidone (low molecular weight medical polyvinylpyrrolidone), potato starch, lactose, microcrystalline cellulose, magnesium stearate;
- Capsule shell: titanium dioxide, gelatin, quinoline yellow dye, sunset sunflower yellow dye.
The composition of 1 ml of solution:
- Active ingredient: ethylmethylhydroxypyridine succinate - 50 mg;
- Additional components: disodium edetate, succinic acid, water for injection.
Mexicor has antianginal, antiischemic, angioprotective, antihypoxic, anxiolytic, cholesterol-lowering effects.
When using Mexicoor in humans, the activity of antioxidant enzymes increases, the manifestation of oxidative processes decreases, and energy exchange at the cellular level improves. The drug Mexicor is used to normalize brain metabolism, improve blood supply to the brain, microcirculation, and also to reduce platelet aggregation.
With the appointment of Mexicoor, the symptoms of dysfunction of the left ventricle, the condition of the ischemic myocardium are reduced. Mexicor, reviews confirm, increases stamina during physical exertion in patients with angina or ischemic heart disease.
Indications for use
The capsule mexicor is used to treat the following diseases:
- ischemic stroke and ischemic heart disease (as part of combination therapy);
- mild and moderate cognitive disorders.
When mexicor injections are prescribed, indications for use may be similar, as well as an acute period of myocardial infarction.
- lactation period (breastfeeding);
- acute abnormal liver function;
- acute renal impairment;
- children and adolescents under 18 years of age (efficacy and safety have not been established);
- hypersensitivity to the drug.
Use during pregnancy and lactation
The active ingredients are well absorbed by the blood cells, so its use during pregnancy and lactation is strictly contraindicated.
Dosage and method of use
The instructions for use indicate that Mexicor is prescribed inside.
- The initial dose is 100 mg (1 caps.) 3 times / day. Then you should gradually increase the dose depending on the clinical course of the disease and the tolerability of the therapy. The maximum daily dose should not exceed 800 mg, single - 200 mg. The daily dose of the drug is preferably divided into several doses throughout the day. The treatment with Mexicor is completed gradually, reducing the daily dose of the drug by 100 mg.
- The duration of a course of therapy with Mexicor when it is used as part of complex treatment of coronary artery disease and circulatory disorders of the brain should be at least 1.5-2 months. Repeated courses (as recommended by the doctor), preferably in the spring and autumn periods.
In complex therapy of dyscirculatory encephalopathy, mild and moderate cognitive disorders, Mexicor is prescribed, without limiting the course of treatment, for a duration of 100 mg 3-4 times / day.
Solution - Instruction
In the treatment of acute myocardial infarction, Mexicor is administered intravenously or intramuscularly for 14 days against the background of traditional therapy, including nitrates, beta-blockers, ACE inhibitors, thrombolytics, anticoagulants and antiplatelet agents, as well as symptomatic remedies according to indications.
In the first 5 days to achieve maximum effect, it is desirable to introduce the drug in / in the next 9 days - the drug can be administered in / m.
In / in the introduction of the drug is carried out by drip infusion, slowly (to avoid side effects), in physiological solution or 5% dextrose solution (glucose) in a volume of 100-150 ml for 30-90 minutes. If necessary, a slow jet injection of the drug for at least 5 minutes is possible.
Drug administration (intravenously or intramuscularly) is carried out 3 times / day, every 8 hours. The daily therapeutic dose is 6–9 mg / kg body weight, a single dose - 2-3 mg / kg body weight. The maximum daily dose should not exceed 800 mg, single - 250 mg.
In case of dyscirculatory encephalopathy in the decompensation phase, Mexicor should be applied intravenously in a jet or drip at a dose of 100 mg 2-3 times / day for 14 days. Then the drug is administered intramuscularly at 100 mg / day for the next 2 weeks. In the future, the drug is prescribed in the form of capsules 100 mg 2-4 times / day, the frequency and duration of courses of therapy determined by the doctor.
For course prophylaxis of dyscirculatory encephalopathy, Mexicor is injected intramuscularly at a dose of 100 mg 2 times / day for 10-14 days.
In acute disorders of cerebral circulation (ischemic stroke), Mexicor is used as part of a combination therapy for the first 2-4 days of intravenous drip in 200-300 mg 2-3 times / day, then in / 100 mg 3 times / day. The duration of treatment is 10-14 days. In the future, the drug is administered orally in the form of capsules 100 mg 2 times / day for 14 days and 100 mg 3 times / day for the next 7 days. The frequency and duration of repeated courses of therapy is determined by the doctor.
For the treatment of mild and moderate cognitive disorders, Mexicor is prescribed i / m at a dose of 100-300 mg / day for 14 days. If necessary, in the future, the drug is used in the encapsulated form of 100 mg 2-4 times / day (as recommended by the doctor) without limiting the course of treatment for the duration.
During therapy with any drug there is a risk of undesirable side effects. The drugs we are considering are no exception. Most often found:
- The appearance of dry mucous membranes;
- Allergic reactions;
- Soreness in the stomach and intestines.
- Belching, heartburn.
- Breaking stool
"Mexidol" may in some cases lower blood pressure indicators.
You should probably not be reminded that with the appearance of adverse reactions, it is necessary to report this to your doctor.
Since the drug has a low toxicity probability of overdose is virtually absent even with prolonged use. In case of accidental ingestion of a large number of capsules (for example, among small children), the patient is recommended to induce vomiting and to give activated charcoal or other enterosorbents.
If necessary, carry out symptomatic treatment.
Parenteral administration of Mexicoor in the treatment of acute myocardial infarction and ischemic stroke, a chronic form of cerebral circulation disorder (dyscirculatory encephalopathy) should always be continued by taking the drug by mouth (1 capsule 3 times a day), this ensures the preservation of the achieved clinical effect. The duration of the capsules is determined by the doctor.
During the period of drug treatment, care must be taken when driving vehicles and engaging in other potentially hazardous activities that require increased concentration and psychomotor speed.
When using the drug, you must consider the interaction with other drugs:
- Mexicor reduces the toxic effects of ethanol.
- Mexicor increases the antianginal activity of nitrates and the hypotensive activity of ACE inhibitors and beta-blockers.
- Mexicor enhances the action of anticonvulsants (carbamazepine), anti-parkinsonian drugs (levodopa) and benzodiazepine anxiolytics.
We picked up some reviews of people taking the drug Mexicor:
- Ilya. After taking mexicor, the condition improved. Before that, the pressure jumped. The gray hair disappeared. The veins in the legs partially disappeared. The breath disappeared and a very good drug stopped being nervous.
- Svetlana There was a hypertensive crisis ... Prescribed treatment, including mexicor 1t.x 3 times / day. After the first day of reception I felt much better ... I have been drinking for a week already. The condition returned to normal, I feel good.
- Olga I accept the Mexicor. The pressure spikes calmed down, sleep returned to normal. She was very weather-sensitive — she felt magnetic storms, and she was heavily enduring weather changes. All these phenomena disappeared or smoothed when taking Mexico. At first I took 3 caps. Per day, then I reduced it to 2x. Accept for 3 months.
In general, reviews of Mexico are quite diverse. Some doctors argue that drug treatment is ineffective and doubt the efficacy of the composition of the drug and its metabolites, resulting from the breakdown of the active substance in the body. Therefore, experts often believe that monotherapy drug does not lead to a significant improvement in health.
Many patients also agree with them and say that the treatment with Mexicor did not have a significant effect on the body.
Among similar drugs that have an identical group and a similar composition, the following drugs can be distinguished:
Before using analogues consult your doctor.
Storage conditions and shelf life
Keep out of reach of children, protected from light and moisture. The recommended storage temperature is up to 25 ºС.
Shelf life - 3 years.