Katadolon is an analgesic drug of a non-opioid pharmacological group.
Its main active ingredient is flupirthin, which has a analgesic effect of central action, as it is able to selectively activate neuronal channels of potassium nature. In addition, the drug may have a slight muscle relaxant and neurotropic pharmacological action.
On this page you will find all the information about Katadolon: complete instructions for use for this drug, average prices in pharmacies, complete and incomplete analogues of the drug, as well as reviews of people who have already used Katadolon. Want to leave your opinion? Please write in the comments.
Non-opioid analgesic central action.
Pharmacy sales terms
It is released on prescription.
How much does Catadolone cost? The average price in pharmacies is at the level of 500 rubles.
Release form and composition
Katadolon is available in the form of capsules for oral use in blisters of 10 pieces of 1, 3 or 5 blisters in a carton.
- Active ingredient: one capsule contains 100 mg of flupirtine maleate.
- Auxiliary components: calcium hydrophosphate dihydrate, copovidone, magnesium stearate, colloidal silicon dioxide, gelatin, purified water, E 171 and E 172 dyes, sodium lauryl sulfate.
The drug Katadolon has an analgesic effect and belongs to non-opioid analgesics of central action. The main substance in the composition of the capsules is flupirtin - refers to selective activators of neutral potassium channels. When taking a therapeutic dose, the drug does not bind to adrenoreceptors and cholinergic receptors.
Due to this, the drug has a pronounced analgesic property. In the process of selective opening of neutral potassium channels with a joint output of potassium ions, the level of rest of the neuron is normalized. It becomes less excitable and painful. Katadolon tablets in a short time relieve the patient from mild to moderate pain. Also, the drug has a muscle relaxant effect.
Indications for use
When is prescribed? Indications for use Katadolon is the presence of pain syndrome of various etiologies, namely:
- Violations of the menstrual cycle with painful phenomena.
- Posttraumatic neuropathic pain.
- Painful muscle spasm, including fibromyalgia.
- Tension headaches.
- Oncopathology with pain syndrome.
- The postoperative period.
You can not prescribe medication for the following pathologies and diseases:
- liver disease;
- children under 18;
- chronic alcoholism;
- patients who have a history of a tendency to develop renal encephalopathy;
- when taken together with drugs that have a hepatotoxic effect;
- newly cured tinnitus;
- hypersensitivity to the main substance or its components;
- caution is prescribed by doctors to the elderly.
During the treatment period, the agent should try to avoid driving vehicles and controlling precise mechanisms.
Use during pregnancy and lactation
Although so far no damaging effect on the fetus has been identified, but in accordance with the currently valid general provision on the use of medicines, Katadolon is not recommended to be prescribed to pregnant women. Until now, no clinical experience has been gained with the use of the drug in pregnant women.
If in case of emergency testimony of the puerperal, it is necessary to prescribe Katadolon, then this is done subject to the termination of breastfeeding during treatment. In studies conducted so far, it was found that the active ingredient in small quantities penetrates into breast milk.
Instructions for use
The instructions for use indicated that Katadolon ingested.
The capsule should be swallowed whole, not chewed and squeezed with a sufficient amount of liquid (preferably water). If possible, the drug should be taken while standing upright. In exceptional cases, the capsule of the drug Katadolon can only be opened and ingested / inserted through the probe only the contents of the capsule.
When ingesting the contents of a capsule, it is recommended to neutralize its bitter taste with a meal, such as a banana.
- The recommended dose of the drug is 100 mg (1 capsule) 3-4 times / day, if possible, with equal intervals between doses. When expressed pain - 200 mg (2 capsules.) 3 times / day. The maximum daily dose is 600 mg (6 caps.).
- The dose is selected depending on the intensity of pain and individual sensitivity to the drug. The minimum effective dose should be applied for the shortest possible time. The duration of treatment should not exceed 2 weeks.
- Elderly patients (over 65 years) at the beginning of treatment are prescribed 100 mg (1 capsule) 2 times / day, in the morning and evening.
In patients with renal insufficiency, plasma creatinine levels should be monitored. The maximum daily dose should not exceed 300 mg (3 caps.). In patients with renal failure, mild and moderate dosage adjustment is not required. In patients with severe renal failure or with hypoalbuminemia, the maximum daily dose should not exceed 300 mg (3 capsules).
If necessary, the appointment of the drug in higher doses for patients establish careful monitoring.
When taking the drug, the following side effects are possible:
- Subcutaneous tissue and skin: sweating.
- Depression, sleep disturbance, tremor, headache, nervousness and / or anxiety, dizziness, confusion - the central nervous system.
- Biliary tract and liver: increased activity of liver enzymes, liver failure, hepatitis.
- Body organ: visual impairment.
- Gastrointestinal tract: pain in the stomach, flatulence, constipation, dyspepsia, abdominal pain, nausea, dryness of the oral mucosa, vomiting, diarrhea.
- Other: deterioration or lack of appetite, weakness and / or fatigue (in 15% of patients), especially at the beginning of therapy.
- Immune system: infrequently - allergic manifestations (skin rash, increased body temperature, pruritus, urticaria), hypersensitivity to the drug.
As a rule, adverse reactions depend on the dose of Katadolone (with the exception of allergic manifestations). After completion of therapy, they disappear on their own.
There is confusion, tachycardia, nausea, dry mucous membranes. In case of overdose - gastric lavage and treatment, according to the symptoms manifested.
- At the age of 65 years and older, with pronounced signs of liver and / or renal failure, as well as with hypoalbuminemia, dose adjustment is required.
- In patients with reduced kidney or liver function, it is necessary to control the creatinine content in the urine and the activity of liver enzymes.
- The use of the drug in high doses in some cases may cause staining of urine in green, which is not a clinical sign of any disease.
- With flupirtine therapy, false positive tests for bilirubin, urine protein and urobilinogen are possible. A similar reaction can be in the quantitative determination of the level of bilirubin in the blood plasma.
Given the ability of Katadolon to weaken attention and slow down the reaction rate, it is recommended to refrain from driving vehicles and practicing potentially hazardous activities during treatment.
In the appointment of the drug Katadalon with diazepam or warfarin may enhance the therapeutic effect of the latter.
When used concurrently with coumarin derivatives, patients should constantly monitor the prothrombin index. If necessary, correct the coumarin dose.
With the simultaneous appointment of the drug Katadolon with muscle relaxants or sedatives may enhance the therapeutic effect of the latter, which should be taken into account and the dose is selected correctly so that the patient does not develop signs of overdose.
It is not recommended to combine this drug with paracetamol derivatives, since in this case the risk of toxic liver damage increases.
We picked up some reviews of people on the drug Katadolon:
- Marina. I have problems with my neck, it often happens that it can jam and pinch a nerve. The pain is unbearable. A neurologist prescribed Catadolon. The first time I took it about 3 months ago, I drank it for 3 days, everything went away. Yesterday the same thing happened again, I decided to take these pills (I take 2 capsules 2 times a day, as prescribed by the doctor). Half an hour later, a wild dizziness began, his vision became dim, his hands began to shake very much. Everything went within 1-2 hours, the pain in the neck also became noticeably less. I wrote it off to the fact that I drank a glass of wine the night before. Today I woke up and decided to repeat the experiment. The result: no dizziness, there is a general weakness and shaking hands. For the first time taking capsules 3 months ago, nothing like that happened.
- Natalia. I katadolon cool rescues when pain in the spine and with toothache. At one time, a lot of painkillers were tried, but not one of my bodies was suitable. Ketans help their relatives, for example - I don’t. Some kind of special sensitivity to many drugs. And katadolon coped with the pain. Now I always carry it with me in my purse, just in case and always in the first-aid kit at home. Of course, it would be better to do without medication, but when pain appears, nothing else remains.
- Irina. I have a congenital anomaly of the spine - an additional vertebra in the lower back. Skied - fell, pinched nerve, gave up. In general, she came down so that she could not walk to the toilet. Blockade with novocaine did not help at all. I was sorry for the nurse, gave 100 mg pill katadolona, and the second, said to drink in the evening. After the second pill, I got up the next day, and before that lay a week. I went to work. Since then, more than 10 years have passed, the back no longer worries.
Similar in their therapeutic effect with Katadolon capsules are the following agents:
- Tramundin retard;
Before using analogues consult your doctor.
Storage conditions and shelf life
Keep out of reach of children at a temperature not exceeding 25 ° C.
Shelf life - 5 years.