Dona is a drug that stimulates the regeneration of cartilage tissue.
It has anabolic, anti-catabolic, anti-inflammatory, analgesic and chondroprotective effects. It stimulates the synthesis processes of mediators and nutrients (including calcium) necessary for the restoration of damaged tissues, facilitates their deposition in the joints. This leads to inhibition of inflammatory and degenerative processes and suppresses pain symptoms.
On this page, you will find all the information about Don: complete instructions for use for this drug, average prices in pharmacies, complete and incomplete analogues of the drug, as well as reviews of people who have already used Don injections. Want to leave your opinion? Please write in the comments.
Pharmacy sales terms
It is released on prescription.
How much do don shots cost in pharmacies? The average price for 1 package (6 ampoules) starts from 1,450 rubles to 1,800, the price of powder also varies from 1,350 to 1,650 rubles. Quite expensive at first glance, but the effect is pronounced.
Release form and composition
Release the drug in the following variations:
- Powder for the preparation of oral solution (1.5 g in bags, in a carton pack of 20 or 30 bags);
- Tablets, film coated: oblong form, white color; The cross section shows two layers - outer white and inner - white with a brownish tinge (in polyethylene bottles of 60 or 180 pcs., in a carton pack 1 bottle);
- Solution for intramuscular injection: colorless or light yellow, transparent (2 ml in ampoules of transparent light-protective glass, in a carton pack 6 ampoules in a PVC tablet complete with 6 ampoules of solvent in a PVC tablet).
Active ingredient: Glucosamine (in the form of sulfate):
- 1 tablet - 750 mg;
- 1 bag of powder - 1500 mg;
- 1 ml of solution - 200 mg.
The solvent attached to the solution (colorless transparent liquid) consists of water for injection and diethanolamine.
Stimulator of cartilage tissue regeneration, has anti-catabolic, anabolic, chondroprotective, analgesic, anti-inflammatory effect. The active substance of Dona is glucosamine sulfate, an amino molecular saccharide with low molecular weight, a natural component of articular cartilage. Glucosamine activates the synthesis of proteoglycans of synovial fluid by cartilage cells (hyaluronic acid and glucosaminoglycans), inhibits enzymes that cause destruction of cartilage tissue (phospholipase A2, collagenase, etc.), inhibits the formation of superoxide radicals, reduces the activity of lysosome enzymes.
Due to the action of glucosamine, the drug initiates the processes of sulfur fixation in the formation of chondroitin-sulfuric acid and has a positive effect on the processes of normal calcium deposition in bone tissue, and also prevents the disruption of the formation of glycosaminoglycans, which cause nonsteroidal PVA, and protects chondrocytes from the damaging effects of corticosteroids. Sulfo groups take part in the formation of glycosaminoglycans and during normal metabolic processes, and the sulfoesters located in the side chains as part of proteoglycans are involved in maintaining the elasticity of cartilage tissue, helping to retain water in it.
Don, replenishing the endogenous deficiency of glucosamine, increases the permeability of the joint capsule and helps to restore normal enzymatic processes in the cells of the articular cartilage and synovial membrane
Indications for use
What helps? The main indications for the appointment of the drug Don are the following states:
- Primary and secondary osteoarthritis;
- Shoulder-shoulder periarteritis;
- Chondromalacia patella;
- Arthrosis of the intervertebral space;
- Treatment of osteoarthrosis of various localization (hip, spondyloarthrosis, osteochondrosis, knee arthrosis, wrist and others).
Don preparation in the form of injections cannot be prescribed in the following situations:
- Complex functional changes in the kidneys and liver;
- Epileptiform seizures;
- Children up to 12 years;
- Acute heart failure and changes in cardiac conduction;
- Pregnancy and lactation;
- High sensitivity to lidocaine and glucosamine.
Care must be taken when applying this medication, if the patient has an allergic reaction to shellfish, shrimp.
Use during pregnancy and lactation
Due to the lack of sufficient data on the efficacy and safety of drug use in pregnant and lactating women, taking the drug during this period is contraindicated.
Taking the drug should be discontinued in women with fertility problems and undergoing special examination.
Instructions for use
The instructions for use indicate that Don's solution for intramuscular administration is used as follows: the drug ampoule in one syringe is mixed with the solvent ampoule. Inject deeply intramuscularly three times a week for 1-1.5 months.
To improve the effectiveness of treatment, it is advisable to combine parenteral administration of Dons with oral administration of the drug.
- Accept simultaneously with food intake on 1 or 2 pieces three times a day.
- To take inside before meal in 30 minutes, previously having dissolved 1 package in a glass of water once a day within 1-3 months. Repeated course - in 2 months.
As a rule, Dona is well tolerated.
In some cases, during therapy, meteorism, gastralgia, diarrhea, nausea, constipation, drowsiness, headache, allergic reactions (in the form of erythema, urticaria and itching) may develop.
When using Dona in the form of a solution for injection, due to its constituent lidocaine, nausea, vomiting, drowsiness, diplopia, dizziness, headache, numbness of the mucous membrane of the mouth and tongue, tremor, disorientation, euphoria, and cardiac conduction disturbances may occur.
Cases of overdose are unknown. However, if an overdose occurs, treatment should be symptomatic, aimed at restoring water and electrolyte balance.
When using Dona in patients with severe renal and hepatic insufficiency, as well as impaired glucose tolerance, medical supervision is necessary.
With caution should take the drug for diabetes and asthma.
The drug enhances the action of adrenergic blockers, glucocorticosteroids, MAO inhibitors, hypnotics and sedatives, coumarin anticoagulants.
Reduces - Chloramphenicol, semisynthetic penicillins.
We picked up some reviews of people about the drug Don:
- Tamara. I am 60 years old, for the last five years I have suffered from arthrosis, pain in my knees. The doctor prescribed Don injections, a course twice a year. The pain has decreased, now at least I can go up to the 4th floor without help
- Anna. I put 11 injections so far and drank 20 powders, there are still 7 injections left. I want to be treated for two or three months, I have cox arthrosis 2st. So far I can’t say anything about the result, probably not enough time has passed.
- Irina. Very good drug, came to him by trial and error. Before that, she took other chondroprotectors, but did not notice any special effect. C dona everything is different, I really forget that I have sore joints. I have been taking courses for 4 years as needed (about 2 times a year).
- Natalia. I finish the third pack of injections and drink the second pack of powder, the only shift-pain went through with TBS, but my knees hurt terribly, perhaps from them, perhaps another disease in itself. But I want to drink powders for another three months, because the terrible heaviness in the joints and stiffness. I have coxarthrosis 2st.
Analogues of the drug Don injections for pharmacological properties are: Unium, Elbona, Hondroksid Maximum, Farmaskin THC, Sustilak, Glucosamine Sulfate Sodium Chloride, Glucosamine Sulfate 750, Glucosamine Hydrochloride, Glucosamine, Aminoarthrin.
Before using analogues consult your doctor.
Storage conditions and shelf life
According to the instructions, don should be stored at a temperature not exceeding 25 ° C out of the reach of children. The shelf life of the solution for i / m administration is 2 years, tablets and powder - 3 years.