Dibazol - a drug with a vasodilator, antispasmodic, hypotensive, moderate immunomodulatory effects.
The drug, acting on the smooth muscles of arterioles, venules, blood vessels of internal organs, reduces their tone and blood pressure, respectively. Dibazol is widely used in neurology, the treatment of arterial hypertension.
On this page you will find all the information about Dibazol: complete instructions for use for this drug, average prices in pharmacies, complete and incomplete analogues of the drug, as well as reviews of people who have already used Dibazol. Want to leave your opinion? Please write in the comments.
Clinical and pharmacological group
Dibazol is a myotropic antispasmodic.
Pharmacy sales terms
It is released without a prescription.
How much is Dibazol? The average price in pharmacies is at the level of 20 rubles.
Release form and composition
Dibazol is available in the form of tablets and solution for intravenous, intramuscular or subcutaneous administration. The main active ingredient of the drug is bendazole, its content is in:
- 1 tablet - 20 mg;
- 1 ml of solution - 5 or 10 mg.
Dibazol preparations are delivered to the pharmacy chain in:
- Contour cellular packaging for 10 tablets in a carton pack of 1, 2, 5 or 8 packages;
- In ampoules of 1 ml, 2 ml, 5 ml at a concentration of 10 mg / ml and 5 mg / ml.
It has myotropic (effect on muscles), antispasmodic, vasodilator and moderate, short-lasting hypotensive (pressure-reducing) action. It has an effect on the smooth muscles of the blood vessels (arterioles and venules) and the vessels of the internal organs. Reducing the tone of blood vessels, Dibazol thereby reduces blood pressure and increases the blood supply of myocardial ischemia, which is observed in ischemic heart disease. Able to stimulate the interneuronal transmission in the synapses of the spinal cord, which has found wide application in neurology.
Dibazol also has a moderate immunomodulatory activity, as it has similarities with levamisole, which refers to drugs that stimulate the processes of immunity. The immunostimulating effect of Dibazol is due to its ability to enhance the production of endogenous interferon.
Indications for use
What helps? Dibazol is indicated for use in the following cases:
- Pathology of the nervous system - flaccid paralysis associated with a violation of the passage of nerve impulses in the interneuronal, muscular-neural synapses (residual effects of polio, facial nerve paralysis, polyneuritis, flaccid paralysis).
- Spasm of smooth muscles of the walls of hollow organs is an excessive contraction of the stomach, which connects with the duodenum (pylorus), a significant increase in bowel tone.
- Spasm of coronary (cardiac) vessels in hypertension or hypertensive crisis (a sharp and significant increase in blood pressure).
Also, the drug helps to reduce blood pressure when administered intramuscularly.
According to the instructions, Dibazol is not used when the patient is hypersensitive to the components of the drug.
Use during pregnancy and lactation
Pregnant and lactating women do not recommend Dibazol. But at the discretion of the doctor, it can be used if the expected benefit from taking it will be higher than the potential risk to the mother and child.
When breastfeeding and the need to use Dibazol, the issue is resolved with the doctor about the interruption of feeding.
Instructions for use
The instructions for use indicate that adults in the form of tablets Dibazol should be taken orally, observing the interval with food intake for at least 2 hours.
- A single dose - 20-50 mg, the multiplicity of reception - 2-3 times a day, the duration of therapy - 21-28 days (shorter courses are possible).
In the treatment of diseases of the nervous system Dibazol should be taken 1 time per day, 5 mg (the drug can be taken every other day), only 5-10 doses per course.
- For children, the drug is prescribed 1 time per day. Single dose is determined by age. Children under 1 year old are usually prescribed 1 mg each, 1-3 years old - 2 mg each, 4-8 years old - 3 mg each, 9-12 years old - 4 mg each, and over 12 years old - 5 mg each. If necessary, after 3-4 weeks the course can be repeated.
Dibazol in the form of a 1% solution for injection should be administered intramuscularly 2-3 times a day, 2-3 ml. The duration of the therapeutic course is 8-14 days.
During therapy with Dibazol UBF, as a rule, there are no side effects from the body. In rare cases, there may be arterial hypotension, ECG, dizziness.
When using Dibazol for children, allergic reactions may occur in the form of skin rash, itching, redness. During treatment, there may also be fever, sweating, nausea, diarrhea, vomiting.
The use of the drug in high doses can cause high sweating, dizziness, allergic reactions, nausea. With an overdose, there is no antidote. The only thing that professionals advise in this case is a gastric lavage with copious amounts of water, as well as the simultaneous reception of special salt solutions that have a laxative effect.
In the event of such a case, it is necessary to immediately stop taking the drug and tell the attending physician about it, so that he prescribes a regenerative treatment that contributes to high blood pressure.
The drug should not be used for long-term treatment of hypertension, especially in the elderly.
With simultaneous use of bendazole and phentolamine, the hypotensive effect of bendazole is enhanced.
Bendazole enhances the hypotensive effect of antihypertensives and diuretics.
Bendazole prevents the increase in total peripheral vascular resistance due to beta - adrenergic blockers.
We picked up some reviews of people about the drug Dibazol:
- Tanya. Dibazol accept during a flu epidemic. It also helps me with spasms of cerebral vessels. I accept when the spasm begins, once.
- Sergei. My mother for quite a long life was hypotonic, her “working” pressure was 95/60, and then suddenly, about two months ago, there was a hypertensive crisis with 160/110 digital indicators. Fortunately, I was with her and stopped all these troubles on time, then it began to be repeated quite often and I invited my fellow practitioner, he prescribed a treatment, then several times tried various drugs, but eventually stopped at the old proven Dibazole and the pressure became jump much less often, and when it rises, Dibazol removes it very smoothly, unlike other drugs.
- Ravil. Excellent drug! My grandmother suffers from high blood pressure. In the hospital, doctors recommended pills from foreign manufacturers, there was almost no sense from them, and the price was rather big. Then one friend advised Dibazol - despite its low price, the medicine helped.
- Marina. Medical drug effective, cheap and affordable. During pregnancy I saw this Dibazol - detailed instructions for use do not limit the treatment of pregnant and lactating. The doctor prescribed in the hospital to normalize the tone of the uterus and strengthen the immune system. The treatment did not adversely affect the child, but it really helped me, the improvements were on my face.
With regard to the effectiveness of the drug with respect to hypertensive crises, its short effect is noted, and the drug does not help in all cases. Dibazol is more effective when taken together with other antihypertensives. And when removing spasms of smooth muscles of the digestive tract with ulcers and problems with biliary tract, it is quite effective. Negative opinions about the drug are associated with cases of an allergic reaction.
If Dibazol is not recommended against the background of progressive side effects, doctors recommend finding an optimal replacement for it. Representatives of this pharmacological group abound, but doctors distinguish from the list the following analogues of Dibazol with an effective effect in the body:
- Dibazol Vial;
- Dibazol Darnitsa;
- Dibazol UBF.
Before using analogues consult your doctor.
Storage conditions and shelf life
Keep out of the reach of children.
- Tablets: 5 years at room temperature (not higher than 25 ° C);
- Injection: 4 years at a temperature of 5-30 ° C.