Hexavit refers to the pharmaceutical group of vitamin-containing drugs.
It consists of vitamins A, B, C and PP. Their composition is combined so that one tablet contains the average daily rate of consumption. Features of the pharmacological action of drugs directly depend on the composition.
On this page you will find all the information about Hexavit: complete instructions for use for this drug, average prices in pharmacies, complete and incomplete analogues of the drug, as well as reviews of people who have already used Hexavit. Want to leave your opinion? Please write in the comments.
Clinical and pharmacological group
Pharmacy sales terms
It is released without a prescription.
How much does Hexavit cost? The average price in pharmacies is 190 rubles.
Release form and composition
The drug Hexavit is available in dosage form of dragees, which have a rounded shape and yellow color. The composition of one tablet includes several vitamins, they are the main active ingredients of the drug, these include:
- Retinol - 5000 IU (international units).
- Ascorbic acid - 70 mg.
- Riboflavin - 2 mg.
- Thiamine - 2 mg.
- Pyridoxine - 2 mg.
- Nicotinamide - 15 mg.
Dragee packaged in a bottle in the amount of 50 pieces. The carton pack contains one bottle and instructions for use of the drug.
The composition of vitamins Hexavit includes vitamins A (retinol), B1 (thiamine), B2 (riboflavin), B6 (pyridoxine), C (ascorbic acid) and PP (nicotinamide).
- Nicotinamide lowers blood cholesterol and prevents chronic fatigue syndrome.
- Thiamine is essential for energy production, while riboflavin enhances visual function and normal intestinal microflora.
- The action of retinol is aimed at maintaining immunity, antitumor protection of the body and maintaining the vital functions of the mucous membranes and skin.
- Pyridoxine affects the metabolism of carbohydrates and amino acids, is involved in the normalization of lipid metabolism and reduces the risk of developing cardiovascular diseases.
- Ascorbic acid is important for tissue regeneration, regulation of all types of metabolism, blood clotting, activating the activity of the endocrine glands, increasing resistance to infections and adaptive capabilities.
Indications for use
The question of why they take a dietary supplement remains open for some even after consulting a specialist. Hexavit is prescribed for:
- condition of beriberi, hypovitaminosis;
- the need to improve visual acuity;
- long-term use of antibiotics as a therapeutic treatment;
- the need to increase the body's resistance to infectious, catarrhal diseases.
Before you start taking dietary supplements, it is important to consult with your doctor in order to use similar drugs in case of contraindications. Otherwise, side effects may occur. In addition, it is important not to use other multivitamin complexes, as this may cause an overdose condition to develop.
Hexavit has no broad spectrum contraindications, and its intolerance may be due solely to the individual physiological state:
- hypersensitivity to the drug;
- a history of sarcoidosis;
- fructose intolerance, glucose-galactose malabsorption syndrome;
- hypervitaminosis A;
- severe renal impairment;
- hyperuricemia, hyperoxaluria;
- chronic glomerulonephritis;
- peptic ulcer and duodenal ulcer in the acute phase;
- metabolic iron or copper;
- children under 14 years old.
In some cases, Hexavit may be appointed by a specialist for children over three years old.
Use during pregnancy and lactation
The drug is contraindicated during pregnancy and lactation. When planning pregnancy, it is necessary to stop taking the drug several months before the intended conception - as part of there are vitamins of accumulative action, which, with an excess in the body, interfere with the normal development of the fetus.
Instructions for use
The instructions for use indicate that Hexavit is taken orally.
- For the prevention of hypovitaminosis is usually prescribed 1 tablet a day.
In other cases, Heksavit is taken depending on age, 1 tablet:
- Children 3-7 years old - 2 times a day;
- Adults and children from 7 years old - 3 times a day.
In most cases, the reception of Hexavit passes without negative consequences, but sometimes the manifestation of side effects is possible:
- headache, dizziness;
- increased sweating;
- manifestation of allergic reactions;
- nausea, vomiting, air belching;
- violation of the digestive tract, pain in the stomach;
- bronchial spasms.
If one or more symptoms appear, you should stop taking the vitamins and consult a doctor.
Symptoms of overdose with these vitamins are the same as manifestations of side effects. If a person has taken the drug in large portions, then he should immediately consult a doctor. In this case, the specialist prescribes the following treatment: gastric lavage, reception of activated carbon, symptomatic therapy and, of course, the rejection of this tool.
Admission Hexavita can lead to staining of urine in a bright yellow color, which does not pose a threat to health and is explained by the riboflavin that is part of the drug.
Hexavit is not recommended for patients with diabetes mellitus and rare hereditary diseases (fructose intolerance and sucrose insufficiency / isomaltase syndrome or glucose / galactose absorption absorption).
- Amitriptyline, tricyclic antidepressants and Imipramine inhibit riboflavin metabolism.
- Vitamin A is forbidden to prescribe with other retinoids, as their combination is toxic.
- Retinol weakens the anti-inflammatory effect of glucocorticoid hormones. The tool can not be taken in conjunction with cholestyramine and nitrite, because they inhibit the absorption of retinol.
- Pyridoxine inhibits the action of Levodopa, reduces the toxic effects observed when using Isoniazid and other anti-tuberculosis drugs.
- Streptomycin is incompatible with riboflavin and weakens the effectiveness of antibacterial drugs (Doxycycline, Oxytetracycline, Erythromycin, Lincomycin, Tetracycline).
- Vitamin C increases the risk of crystalluria with simultaneous use of sulfonamides, increases the concentration of penicillin in the blood, improves iron absorption, reduces the effect of indirect anticoagulants and Heparin.
In general, Hexavit is characterized by physicians as a multivitamin complex with excellent bioavailability with the content of all the necessary vitamins in the recommended daily dosages. Customer Reviews.
The complex is often prescribed for maintenance therapy, as well as for prophylaxis, especially during periods when hypovitaminosis is possible. Patients are generally satisfied with the complex, because it allows to compensate for the lack of vitamins, and also, which is important, has a very affordable price in comparison with other supplements.
The analogs of vitamins Hexavit on the active substance include:
Analogs of Hexavit as belonging to the same pharmacological group and mechanism of action are:
- Doppelgerts Energotonik;
- Vitalipid H is an adult;
- Vitalipid N children;
- Vitrum Beauty;
- Vitrum Vision Forte;
- Soluvit N.
Before using analogues consult your doctor.
Storage conditions and shelf life
The drug does not contain fat, and therefore can be stored for a long time at room temperature. There are also no light-breakable compounds in it, so it can be left in the light.
Meanwhile, the manufacturer has established its own storage conditions: t not more than + 25 ° С in a darkened room, protect from children.