Bellastezin belongs to the pharmacological group of myotropic antispasmodics in combination.
Its main active ingredient - benzocaine, works as a local anesthetic. This causes the analgesic and local anesthetic properties of the drug. In addition, among the components there is an extract of belladonna, which is able to relieve spasms, having an antispasmodic effect.
On this page you will find all the information about Bellastezin: complete instructions for use for this drug, average prices in pharmacies, complete and incomplete analogues of the drug, as well as reviews of people who have already used Bellastezin. Want to leave your opinion? Please write in the comments.
Clinical and pharmacological group
The combined drug has antispasmodic, local anesthetic and analgesic effects; reduces the acidity of gastric juice, the tone of the smooth muscle cells of the digestive tract.
Pharmacy sales terms
It is released without a prescription.
How much is Amaryl? The average price in pharmacies is 120 rubles.
Release form and composition
Tablets are round-shaped brown in color with a marble surface and patches of light and brown color of varying intensity, with beveled edges, risky and with a characteristic weak specific odor.
- 1 tablet contains a thicker belladonna extract - 15 mg, benzocaine - 300 mg.
The effectiveness of the drug "Bellastezin", from which it is popular with patients, due to the properties of the components of the active substances. So extract of belladonna (belladonna) includes atropine alkaloids. They reduce smooth muscle tone, pancreatic secretion, as well as sweat, bronchial and salivary glands, create antispasmodic and antisecretory action.
Benzocaine has a powerful analgesic and anesthetic effect. Relieves pain in the stomach, esophagus.
Indications for use
Tablets Bellastezin prescribed to get rid of signs of gastritis with increased acidity of the stomach, stomach cramps, gall bladder, intestines and other smooth muscle organs in the abdominal cavity.
What helps Bellastezin? Many use it as an emergency remedy to relieve spasms of the gastrointestinal tract, or for pain in the epigastric region.
When a person overcomes pain, he is often without hesitation ready to take any drug that relieves him of suffering. Doctors prescribe Bellastezin with caution, the instructions for use contain many points when the medicine can be dangerous:
- muscle weakness;
- pronounced atherosclerosis;
- allergic to pill components;
- ulcerative process in the large intestine;
- chronic constipation;
- cardiac arrhythmia;
- glaucoma or suspicion of it;
- acute bleeding;
- pregnancy and breastfeeding (if necessary, the use of the child's Bellastezin is transferred to artificial feeding);
- professional activity requiring quick response and concentration.
In the instructions for use of Bellastezin, the ban on its use in children under 14 years of age is particularly emphasized in order to avoid unpredictable reactions due to the poisonous action of belladonna.
Use during pregnancy and lactation
The use of the drug Bellastezin during pregnancy and lactation is contraindicated (there is not enough clinical data to use the drug in this group of patients).
Instructions for use
The instructions for use indicate that Bellastezin is used by adults orally on 1 tablet 3 times a day. A pill is swallowed without chewing, and 200 ml of water are washed down.
Please be aware that Bellastezin is intended for symptomatic short-term use, therefore, the course of treatment is selected individually. If the symptoms of the disease do not disappear within 3-5 days, you should contact your doctor to decide on the further use of the drug.
In some cases, the use of Bellastezina can cause undesirable side effects:
- nervous excitement;
- sleep disturbance;
- dry skin;
- decreased gallbladder tone;
- dry mouth and thirst;
- change / loss of taste;
- loss of appetite;
- dilated pupils;
- accommodation disturbance;
- urinary retention;
- dizziness and headache;
- speech impairment;
- increased intraocular pressure;
- allergic reactions, rarely anaphylactic shock.
With the ineffectiveness of treatment or deterioration of the patient, the occurrence of side effects of the drug should be stopped immediately.
In case of overdose with the drug Bellastezin, there is an increase in the manifestations of adverse reactions, as well as nausea, tachycardia, agitation, vomiting, lowering of arterial pressure, tremor, irritability, convulsions, drowsiness, hallucinations, insomnia, hyperthermia, suppression of the vasomotor and respiratory centers, inhibition of the central nervous system.
In case of overdose with Bellastezin, gastric lavage should be performed, parenteral administration of anticholinesterase agents and cholinomimetic should be carried out.
Bellastezin can not be taken by people who need to concentrate in the performance of work duties, as well as all drivers of vehicles.
Due to the fact that the efficacy and safety of the effect of the drug on children is not sufficiently studied, this category of patients is prescribed medication only in extreme cases upon the recommendation of a physician.
If the patient, in addition to the tablets Bellastezin, takes other medicines, you must inform the doctor in advance.
The use of Bellastezin with other drugs has the following features:
- When combined with Bellastezina opioid analgesics, there is a risk of dangerous inhibition of the central nervous system;
- Bellastezin is able to reduce the antibacterial activity of sulfonamides, while Quinidine and Amantadine increase its effect;
- When taken with corticosteroids for systemic use, there is a decrease in their effect, as well as an increase in intraocular pressure;
- In combination with organic nitrates and haloperidol, the patient’s intraocular pressure rises;
- Such drugs as reserpine, guanethidine, MAO inhibitors, ascorbic acid, attapulgite, antacid agents reduce the effect of Bellastezin.
- With M-holinoblokatorami - increased anticholinergic effect;
- With furosemide there is a risk of orthostatic hypotension;
- With simultaneous use of the drug with antihistamines, the effect of the latter increases;
- With hormonal contraceptives, there is a decrease in the contraceptive effect;
- With non-selective inhibitors of reverse neuronal uptake of monoamines, sedation is enhanced.
- With beta-adrenoreceptor blockers, the effect of beta-blockers is reduced;
- When combined with Bellastezina drugs that contain potassium, there is a risk of formation of ulcers in the intestines.
Reviews of Bellastezine are mostly positive. Many patients use it as an emergency remedy for severe pain in the epigastric region or to eliminate gastrointestinal spasms. There are reports of serious adverse reactions when taking Bellastezin, for example, a decrease in the reaction rate and a serious deterioration in vision.
Similar on the mechanism of action and similar in composition are preparations Bekarbon, Bellalgin, Besalol.
Before using analogues consult your doctor.
Storage conditions and shelf life
Bellastezin stored at a temperature not higher than 25 degrees in a dry dark place. Shelf life is three years.