Baneocin ointment is a combined external drug.
It is used to treat inflammation of the skin. Ointment helps to quickly heal wounds, because it has antimicrobial, antibacterial properties.
On this page you will find all the information about Baneocin: complete instructions for use for this medicinal product, average prices in pharmacies, complete and incomplete analogues of the drug, as well as reviews of people who have already used Baneocin ointment. Want to leave your opinion? Please write in the comments.
Clinical and pharmacological group
Drug with antibacterial action for external use.
Pharmacy sales terms
It is released without a prescription.
How much is Baneocin? The average price in pharmacies is 400 rubles.
Release form and composition
The drug is available in the form of an ointment for external use, which has a yellowish color and a weak characteristic odor. The tool is packaged in aluminum tubes, each of which contains 20 g of medicinal ointment.
1 g of the drug contains:
- neomycin sulfate - 5,000 IU;
- zinc bacitracin - 250 IU.
The auxiliary substances are lanolin and paraffin, which has a white color and a soft consistency.
Bacitracin, which is one of the main substances of this drug, belongs to polypeptide antibiotics, its bactericidal effect is caused by inhibition of the processes of synthesis of components of the cell membrane.
Neomycin also belongs to aminoglycoside antibiotics, so its action leads to inhibition of protein synthesis in bacterial cells. When applying the drug to the damaged areas of the skin, its absorbability is minimal, which is why the maximum concentration is formed at the site of application of Baneocin.
Indications for use
According to the instructions, Baneocin form of ointment is prescribed for:
- Boils, carbuncles (after surgery);
- Purulent hydradenitis;
- Contagious impetigo;
- Infected varicose ulcers;
- Secondary infections with various dermatoses;
- Folliculitis of the scalp;
- Infections for burns;
- Secondary infections in patients with acute chronic rhinitis, otitis externa;
- After operations on the paranasal sinuses, piercing the earlobe, skin transplantation.
Ointment Baneotsin also used in surgical cosmetology.
According to the instructions, Baneocin does not apply when:
- Severe renal impairment;
- The defeat of the cochlear and vestibular systems;
- Hypersensitivity to bacitracin, neomycin;
- Severe and extensive damage to the skin.
Use during pregnancy and lactation
Use of the drug Baneotsin during pregnancy and lactation is possible after consulting a doctor and only if the intended benefit to the mother outweighs the potential risk to the fetus or baby.
It should be remembered that neomycin, like all aminoglycoside antibiotics, can penetrate the placental barrier. With systemic use of antibiotics of the aminoglycoside group in high doses, intrauterine hearing loss of the fetus has been described.
Instructions for use
The instructions for use indicated that the ointment Baneotsin apply only externally. The area of application of the ointment should not exceed 1% of the surface area of the body (which corresponds to the size of the patient's palm).
- For adults and children, ointment is applied with a thin layer on the affected areas - 2-3 times / day. Perhaps applying ointment under the bandage.
- The dose of neomycin for adults and children and adolescents under the age of 18 should not exceed 1 g / day (corresponding to 200 g of ointment) for 7 days.
- Dose adjustment is not required for patients with impaired liver / kidney function and elderly patients.
The ointment can be used as an additional treatment in the postoperative period. Applying ointment on the bandages is preferable for the local treatment of infected cavities and wounds (for example, bacterial infections of the external auditory canal without perforation of the eardrum, wounds or surgical incisions that heal by secondary tension).
Consider what side effects can cause the use of the drug Baneotsin.
- Allergic reactions. If the ointment is applied for a long time, redness, dry skin, rash, itching may occur. Reactions of an allergic type proceed as a contact eczema and develop infrequently.
- If the area of the skin lesion is extensive, then the drug is absorbed in large quantities, which can provoke an oto- and nephrotoxic effect and disorders of neuromuscular conduction.
- If an allergy or superinfection develops, the drug should be withdrawn.
When applied topically, the ointment does not usually cause any adverse reactions and is well tolerated by patients.
No precedents regarding overdose after treatment with Baneozion were noted.
The risk of toxic effects is high when the normal functioning of the liver and / or kidneys is impaired. If these abnormalities are present, it is recommended that blood / urine tests and audiometric tests be performed prior to the start of treatment and during therapy.
If absorption is observed, and cephalosporin or antibiotics of another group, for example, an aminoglycoside series, is prescribed, there is a risk of an increased likelihood of an unpleasant nephrotoxic reaction after applying the cream.
Receiving diuretics and Baneocin, for example, furasemide or ethacrynic acid, can provoke an oto-and nephrotoxic effect. The process of complete absorption of the powder quickly potentiates special phenomena in the form of a blockade in the neuromuscular system of the body in patients receiving medical drugs, modern anesthetics, as well as after taking miorelaxin.
We picked up some feedback from people about Baneocin:
- Alexander. Good ointment. Very thick. When applied does not spread, almost does not smell. Quickly heals injuries, even relieves pain. Often used for teasers and burrs on the hands. Very well helped the child with dermatitis from a secondary infection. I recommend to have in the home first-aid kit.
- Paul. I was prescribed Ointment Baneotsin after opening the boil. I can say with confidence that this is a very good drug, especially for use in the postoperative period.
- Lyudmila. I ran into Baneocin after giving birth. My baby was already 3 weeks old, and the umbilical wound did not heal completely, then the doctor advised to try this drug, for 2 days it was over.
- Vladimir. Baneotsin perfectly helped me cope with a long non-healing tattoo on my shoulder. Inflammation and redness were literally over 2 days. Antibacterial effect is evident. Excellent ointment, I advise all tattoo lovers!
- Anna. Thanks to this ointment, he healed a finger after injury. I was prescribed this drug after opening the suppuration - there were no adverse reactions to this product.
Analogue ointment Baneotsin
- Polygynax. Effective drug aminoglycoside group. Prescribe the drug for vaginitis and other gynecological infectious complications. The drug exhibits a bactericidal, antibacterial, antifungal effect.
- Ligenthen. Cheap analogue Baneotsinu. It is used for the prevention and anesthesia of skin infections. Active against multiple gram-negative and gram-positive microorganisms.
- Fugentin. It is characterized by a wide range of antimicrobial action. It is used for purulent-inflammatory pathologies of the throat, ear, nose, and for the prevention of infections after surgical operations on the nasal sinuses.
Before using analogues consult your doctor.
What is better baneocin ointment or powder?
Both dosage forms have the same composition and identical pharmacological action. The only difference is in the application of the drug. The powder is effectively used to heal damaged skin. It is applied with a thin layer on open wounds. Ointment is more effective in cosmetic surgery, for burns and streptoderma.
Storage conditions and shelf life
The maximum temperature indicator storage ointment and powder is 25 ° C. Shelf life 3 years.