Atoris belongs to the group of drugs for the direction of medicine, such as statins.
The active ingredient is atorvastin, successfully combating a high concentration of cholesterol. Due to the special properties of the active substance, the blood clotting process in the short term is greatly improved. The tool has anti-sclerotic effect, as a result of which, under the action of the main component, there is a positive effect on all elements and components of blood and vascular walls.
On this page you will find all the information about Atoris: full instructions for use for this drug, average prices in pharmacies, complete and incomplete analogues of the drug, as well as reviews of people who have already used Atoris. Want to leave your opinion? Please write in the comments.
Clinical and pharmacological group
Pharmacy sales terms
It is released on prescription.
How much does Atoris cost? The average price in pharmacies is 400 rubles.
Release form and composition
Atoris is available in the form of tablets in dosages of 10, 20, 30 and 40 mg.
- The active ingredient of the drug is atorvastatin.
- Calcium carbonate, povidone, cellulose, lactose, magnesium stearate are used as excipients.
When ingested, atorvastatin initiates the conversion of coenzyme A to mevalonic acid. Being a precursor of cholesterol, it contributes to the incorporation of cholesterol from the liver into the structure of very low density lipoproteins.
In the future, transport to the blood plasma and the interaction of very low density lipoproteins with low density lipoprotein receptors occurs. As a result, the former are transformed into the latter. Plasma is transferred to the peripheral tissues of the human body and the splitting and redistribution of cholesterol with a tendency to subsequent conclusions from the body and, consequently, a decrease in its level.
The effect of therapeutic practice in the overwhelming number of patients appears 14 days after the start of treatment. The maximum effect is noted 24 to 28 days after the start of the course of treatment.
Indications for use
As indicated in the instructions for Atoris, this drug is intended for the treatment of hyperlipidemia - diseases and conditions characterized by an increased level of lipids in the blood, namely:
- Familial endogenous hypertriglyceridemia (type IV according to Fredrickson), resistant to diet;
- Homozygous familial hypercholesterolemia, if diet therapy and other non-pharmacological methods are ineffective;
- Primary hypercholesterolemia;
- Dysbetalipoproteinemia (in addition to diet);
- Combined hyperlipidemia (types IIa and IIb according to Fredrickson).
Atoris is also prescribed for cardiovascular diseases according to the instructions:
- For the secondary prevention of cardiovascular complications in patients with coronary heart disease in order to reduce the risk of stroke and myocardial infarction, the total mortality rate, the need for revascularization and re-hospitalization due to angina pectoris;
- For the primary prevention of cardiovascular complications in patients without signs of coronary heart disease, but with two or more risk factors for its development, such as genetic predisposition, diabetes, over 55 years of age, hypertension, nicotine dependence, low lipoprotein cholesterol high density.
Atoris cannot be used for individual intolerance to active or adjuvant drugs, liver diseases in the acute stage (with chronic hepatitis, alcoholic hepatitis), liver failure, liver cirrhosis of various origins, with increased activity of hepatic transaminases, skeletal muscle diseases, and lactase deficiency, lactose intolerance, malabsorption syndrome.
The drug is also not recommended for use during childbirth, breastfeeding and patients under 18 years of age.
Use during pregnancy and lactation
The use of Atoris is categorically contraindicated at any stage of pregnancy.
If there is an urgent need to use Atoris during breastfeeding, breastfeeding is stopped before the final elimination of the components of the drug from the body.
Instructions for use
In the instructions for use indicated that prior to the use of the drug Atoris, the patient should be transferred to a diet that provides a reduction in the concentration of lipids in the blood, which must be observed during therapy with the drug. Before therapy, try to control hypercholesterolemia through exercise and weight loss in patients with obesity, as well as therapy of the underlying disease.
The drug is taken orally, regardless of the meal.
Atoris can be taken once at any time of the day, but at the same time every day. The therapeutic effect is observed after 2 weeks of treatment, and the maximum effect develops after 4 weeks. Therefore, the dose should not be changed earlier than 4 weeks after the start of the use of the drug in the previous dose.
- Treatment begins with the recommended initial dose of 10 mg. The dose of the drug varies from 10 mg to 80 mg 1 time / day and is selected based on the initial concentration of Xc-LDL, the goal of therapy and the individual therapeutic effect. At the beginning of therapy and / or during the dose increase, it is necessary to monitor the plasma lipid concentration every 2-4 weeks and adjust the dose accordingly.
Primary (heterozygous hereditary and polygenic) hypercholesterolemia (type IIa) and mixed hyperlipidemia (type IIb):
Treatment begins with the recommended starting dose, which is increased after 4 weeks, depending on the response of the patient. The maximum daily dose is 80 mg.
Homozygous hereditary hypercholesterolemia:
The dose range is the same as with other types of hyperlipidemia.
The initial dose is selected individually depending on the severity of the disease. In most patients with homozygous hereditary hypercholesterolemia, the optimal effect is observed when using the drug in a daily dose of 80 mg (once). Atoris is used as an additional therapy to other methods of treatment (plasmapheresis) or as the main treatment if therapy with the help of other methods is impossible.
The use of the drug can provoke the following side effects: headaches; sleep disturbance (insomnia); development of intestinal obstruction; nausea; disorder of the digestive tract (gastrointestinal tract) manifested by diarrhea; abdominal pain; myalgia (muscle pain); asthenia (chronic fatigue).
- The side effects listed above are the most frequent, less common is muscle weakness and an increase in serum transaminase levels.
In rare cases, taking the drug can lead to allergic reactions (rash / itching), general weakness, dizziness, muscle spasms and changes in blood glucose levels (increase / decrease).
There are no reliable data on the overdose of Atoris to date.
In the event of symptoms that may somehow be associated with an overdose, it is recommended to carry out a gastric lavage and taking of binding drugs in high dosage. Drug elimination of symptoms is also necessary.
Before prescribing Atoris, it is necessary to prescribe a patient with a cholesterol-lowering diet followed throughout the duration of further therapy.
Women of reproductive age who do not use reliable contraceptives should not take Atoris. When planning a pregnancy, the patient receiving Atoris must stop taking it at least 30 days before the planned pregnancy.
During the entire course of therapy, an increase in the serum level of liver enzymes may be observed. This increase, in most cases, is insignificant, but requires control after 1.5 and 3 months of treatment, as well as at each increase in the dose of the drug. In the case of a threefold increase in the level of ACT and / or ALT therapy is stopped.
Caution should be exercised during therapy, when performing precise or hazardous work, as well as when driving a car.
- In patients using fusidic acid simultaneously with atorvastatin, cases of rhabdomyolysis were observed.
- Simultaneous use with rifampicin, efavirenz, preparations of Hypericum perforatum and other inducers of CYP3A4 isoenzyme can lead to a decrease in plasma atorvastatin concentration.
- The use of atorvastatin simultaneously with antibiotics, antifungals, cyclosporine, nefazodone or HIV protease inhibitors can lead to an increase in serum atorvastatin concentration, which in turn will increase the risk of developing renal failure, myopathy with rhabdomyolysis.
- Women taking oral contraceptives containing ethinyl estradiol and norethindrone, while taking atorvastatin, should be aware that this combination affects the increased absorption of the active substances of the contraceptive and the increase in their concentration in the blood plasma.
- Care should be taken when taking Atoris with ketoconazole, cimetidine, spironolactone and other drugs that reduce the concentration of endogenous steroid hormones, since the risk of reducing these hormones increases significantly.
Grapefruit juice in a volume of more than 1.2 liters per day can increase the concentration of atorvastatin in the blood plasma (it is recommended not to exceed the specified amount).
We picked up some reviews from people about Atoris:
- Helena. Hello everybody! I used to take Atoris, it helped, but for me it was an expensive drug. Cardiologist advised Novostat 1 + 1. I have been drinking for 3 months already - cholesterol in biochemistry as well as when taking Atoris - at the level of 3.0. Sense then overpay ...
- Michael. To lower cholesterol (after suffering a heart attack), the attending physician recommended that I take atoris tablets (20 mg). After eight weeks of their daily intake, the level of cholesterol in my blood was close to normal (decreasing from 8 to 4.7 mmol / l). Over the next seven years, I have been able to keep cholesterol at the level of 4.5-4.3 mmol / l due to the periodic (every three months I take 30 tablets of 10 mg) taking this drug.
- Maria. Atoris tablets (reviews about them among Internet users are not always unambiguous) I've been drinking for four years now: 20 mg every day. All this time, cholesterol levels are in the normal range.
- Vladimir. Atoris has now become the most expensive atorvastatin, which is sold under the name, well, not counting Liprimara - this one cannot be bought at all. I used to take Atoris, but from half a year ago, the doctor recommended me to go to Novostat. She wrote a prescription and sent to the pharmacy. There was a doubt why it was in this pharmacy, but when she said that for the same 400 rubles that I spent on Atoris, they would give me 2 packs of this medication. And for good reason. I drink Novostat, it is in capsules, and somehow it is easier to swallow and the stomach tolerates treatment more easily. But the main thing is really significant savings. He did biochemistry - everything is fine. The effect is, it is transferred perfectly and I save money.
In most cases, reviews of Atoris, both doctors and patients are positive, with mention of various most often mild side effects, without which, unfortunately, no therapy can do. It is worth noting that Atoris treatment should be prescribed only by a doctor and under his constant supervision. For a positive result of therapy, the patient must strictly observe the treatment regimen, diet, exercise and other recommendations of his attending physician.
Structural analogues of the active substance:
- Atorvastatin calcium;
Before using analogues consult your doctor.
Storage conditions and shelf life
The drug should be stored in a dark, dry place, protected from direct sunlight. The optimal storage temperature is up to 25 degrees.