Amlodipine belongs to blockers of slow calcium channels, that is, it violates the transition of calcium into cellular structures.
Basically, the effect is on the smooth muscles of the vascular walls. In addition, when receiving, the antianginal effect is also manifested - an increase in the lumen of the vessels of both the coronary and peripheral beds occurs. Additional reduced blood pressure. The main reason for the appointment of this tool becomes hypertension and angina.
On this page you will find all the information about Amlodipine: complete instructions for use for this drug, average prices in pharmacies, complete and incomplete analogues of the drug, as well as reviews of people who have already used Amlodipine. Want to leave your opinion? Please write in the comments.
Calcium channel blocker.
Pharmacy sales terms
It is released on prescription.
How much is Amlodipine? The average price in pharmacies is at this level:
- Tablets of 5 mg, 20 pieces - 51 - 109 rubles;
- Tablets 5 mg, 30 pieces - 34 - 209 rubles;
- Tablets 5 mg, 60 pieces - 83 - 124 rubles;
- Tablets 5 mg, 90 pieces - 113 - 174 rubles;
- Tablets 10 mg, 20 pieces - 71 - 167 rubles;
- Tablets 10 mg, 30 pieces - 60 - 281 rubles;
- Tablets of 10 mg, 60 pieces - 113 - 128 rubles;
- Tablets of 10 mg, 90 pieces - 184 - 226 rubles.
The cost of Amlodipine can vary considerably depending on the manufacturer of the drug. For example, drugs manufactured by the Israeli corporation Teva or the Swiss Sandoz are quite expensive, and Amlodipine, produced by Russian pharmaceutical factories, on the contrary, is very cheap. Unfortunately, the quality and effectiveness of Amlodipine from different manufacturers also vary widely. Therefore, if Amlodipine from any manufacturer has proven to be ineffective or has provoked side effects, then it makes sense to purchase a drug from another company, since it can be an excellent medicine.
Release form and composition
Available in the form of tablets of 10, 20, 30, 40, 50 or 100 pieces. The active substance is 5 or 10 mg per tablet.
- Contains in its composition amlodipine besylate, in the equivalent of pure amlodipine 5 and 10 mg.
- Additional substances are: crospovidone, lactose monohydrate, calcium stearate, povidone.
Amlodipine helps with deviations in the work of the heart, blocking calcium channels of the walls of blood vessels and cells of the heart muscle. As a result, calcium is prevented from entering through the cell membranes, which leads to relaxation of the myocardium and vascular muscle tone. Thus, the expansion of blood vessels, facilitates blood flow, and as a result, blood pressure decreases.
Since, in a relaxed state, the heart muscle requires less oxygen for normal operation, it acquires the ability to function in such conditions. This allows the patient suffering from angina pectoris to better transfer the load, less likely to experience attacks of the disease. The reduced need of the heart for oxygen is the antianginal effect of the drug.
Antihypertensive properties are manifested by lowering blood pressure. These effects, as well as high security, determine the popularity of the drug. Due to the lack of action aimed at rapidly reducing pressure, preventing the reflex heartbeat, Amlodipine tablets are prescribed to patients with diabetes, asthma, and gout.
Indications for use
When can the medication in question be administered to a patient? The indications for taking this remedy are the following states:
- stable angina;
- vasoconstriction or vasospasm;
- vasospastic angina pectoris;
- arterial hypertension (as monotherapy and in combination with other medications);
- cardiomyopathy dilated non-ischemic.
In what other cases Amlodipine may be recommended? What does this drug help? It is often prescribed together with antianginal drugs, including patients who are immune to treatment with beta-blockers or nitrates.
Amlodipine is not used for individual intolerance to the drug, cardiogenic shock, during pregnancy, breastfeeding, hypotension and collapse.
The drug is prescribed with caution in chronic heart failure, diabetes, lipid metabolism disorders, liver function, after a heart attack (especially in the first month), as well as patients in old age and patients under 18 years of age.
Use during pregnancy and lactation
Any studies showing the presence of Amlodipine negative effects on the body of the mother and child were not conducted. Amlodipine is used only in very extreme cases, when its beneficial effect from treatment far exceeds the potential harm. In cases of use of Amlodipine during lactation, breastfeeding is stopped throughout the treatment, until the complete elimination of the drug and its components from the body.
Instructions for use Amlodipine
The instructions for use indicate that Amlodipine is taken orally, regardless of the meal.
For hypertension treatment and prevention of strokes and vasospastic stenocardia the initial dose is 5 mg 1 time / day. If necessary, the daily dose may be increased to a maximum of 10 mg (1 time / day).
- Amlodipine is prescribed with caution in patients with impaired liver function as an antihypertensive agent, in an initial dose of 2.5 mg (1/2 tab. 5 mg), as an antiangiological agent - 5 mg.
- Patients with renal failure do not require a dose change.
- Elderly patients may increase T1/2 and decline QC. Changes in dose is not required, but more careful monitoring of patients is needed.
No need to change the dose while prescribing with thiazide diuretics, beta-blockers and ACE inhibitors.
When using the drug may have the following side effects:
|From the system of vessels, heart and blood formation||swelling of the extremities (especially the feet and ankles), shortness of breath, chest pain, migraine, hypotension, flushing of the face and body, cardiac arrhythmias, extrasystole, leukopenia, thrombocytopenia, hyperglycemia.|
|CNS (nervous system)||in addition to fatigue, dizziness, violation of wakefulness and sleep, headache, tremor, convulsions, asthenia, paresthesia, loss of consciousness, depression, nervousness, amnesia, apathy, anxiety.|
|On the part of the digestive tract (digestive system)||nausea, nagging pain in the epigastric region, an increase in the level of bilirubin, impaired stool, flatulence, dry mouth, increased appetite or anorexia, pancreatitis, gastritis.|
|Are common||impaired sexual function, impaired urination, myasthenia sweating).|
The maximum allowable dose for treatment is 10 mg per day. As a rule, the patient is prescribed 5 mg per day, and if necessary, the dose is adjusted by the attending physician. In case of non-compliance, unauthorized increase in dosage, an overdose may occur, resulting in the following symptoms:
- deterioration of the perfusion of the internal organs;
With an overdose of Amlodipine, dialysis is not effective. The patient urgently needs to wash the stomach, give activated carbon to drink (or another adsorbent). The victim should be laid on a hard surface, to ensure that the legs were slightly elevated. There is continuous control over the function of the respiratory and cardiovascular systems, general blood circulation, and diuresis. As a rule, treatment is prescribed symptomatic. The doctor may prescribe and supportive treatment - the introduction of mezaton, dopamine intravenously.
Before you completely cancel the drug, experts recommend gradually reducing the dosage, that is, abrupt withdrawal of the drug is not welcome.
Pharmacological drug does not adversely affect the blood plasma lipids, as well as metabolism. Taking the medicine does not affect the central nervous system - does not cause drowsiness, dizziness.
From the first days it is necessary to keep blood pressure under control - in case of a sharp decrease, such complications as weakness, dizziness and increased fatigue are possible. The drug can be used for people whose work requires increased concentration. If the patient notes a significant deterioration after the start of medication, in this case, you must contact your doctor - to set the optimal dose of medication.
- With the simultaneous use of microsomal oxidation inhibitors, the concentration of Amlodipine increases, and when taking microsomal enzymes - decreases.
- NSAIDs, alpha-adrenergic stimulants, sympathomimetics and estrogens weaken the hypotensive effect of the drug. Beta-blockers, diuretics, nitrates, antipsychotics, slow calcium channel blockers and ATP inhibitors increase the vasodilator and hypotensive effect.
- Amlodipine pharmacokinetics are not affected by warfarin, digoxin, cimetidine.
- With simultaneous use with lithium preparations, nausea, vomiting, abnormal stool, tinnitus, tremor, ataxia are possible.
- The drug effect of Amlodipine can reduce potassium supplements.
- Drugs that prolong the QT interval can increase the negative ionotropic effect.
Most reviews of Amlodipine (from 80% to 90%) are positive, due to a noticeable positive effect on the course of existing heart disease or arterial hypertension. In most cases, people take Amlodipine for hypertension to reduce and maintain pressure within normal limits.
The reviews indicate that the drug gently and effectively lowers blood pressure, eliminates noise in the head, is well tolerated and allows you to maintain efficiency and well-being. The advantages that distinguish Amlodipine from other antihypertensive drugs, people consider several characteristics of the drug - firstly, it is the ability to use the elderly, secondly, ease of administration (once a day) and the duration of the therapeutic effect.
Negative reviews of Amlodipine are few and are due to two main factors - inefficiency in this particular case and poor tolerability due to the strong severity of side effects. Most often in negative reviews, it is noted that Amlodipine causes drowsiness, lethargy and apathy, which are very poorly tolerated, because they do not give people the opportunity to lead a normal life.
What can replace the medicine? Of course, any drug is synonymous with the word "amlodipine" in its name.
- Analogs of the medicinal product are also medicines: Agen, Azomex, Aladin, Amlo, Amlovas, Amlovel, Amlodak, Amlodeks, Amlodin, Amlokor, Amlong, Amlopril, Vasodipin, Vasotal, Vaskopin, Norvadin, Norvask, Normodipin, Semlopin, Am, Zamopin, Norvadin, Norvask, Normodine, Semlopin, Am, Nasm, Norvidin, Norvid, Amlodin, Amlopril , Emlodin.
Before using analogues consult your doctor.
Storage conditions and shelf life
The drug should be stored out of the reach of children, dry, protected from light, at a temperature not exceeding 25 ° C. Shelf life - 3 years.