Actovegin belongs to the well-known drug with a wide range of consumption.
The medicine is used to treat metabolic and vascular changes in the brain, burns, pressure sores, with chronically increased sugar in adults, children, and in the period of childbearing and lactation. The price of this medicine is quite high and inaccessible for most categories of people, because they produce analogues of Actovegin, much cheaper than the official product.
On this page you will find all the information about Actovegin: complete instructions for use for this drug, average prices in pharmacies, complete and incomplete analogues of the drug, as well as reviews of people who have already used Actovegin in the form of injections. Want to leave your opinion? Please write in the comments.
Clinical and pharmacological group
A drug that activates the metabolism in tissues, improves trophism and stimulates the regeneration process.
Pharmacy sales terms
Injections and pills are available on prescription. Ointment, cream, gel - without a prescription.
How much do Actovegin ampoules cost? The average price in pharmacies is 650 rubles.
Release form, composition and packaging
There are the following forms of the drug:
- Actovegin tablets have a round biconvex shape, covered with a yellow-green shell. Packed in dark glass bottles of 50 pieces.
- Solution for injections of 2 ml, 5,0 No. 5, 10 ml No. 10. It fits in clear glass ampoules that have a break point. Packed in a blister packaging of 5 pieces.
- The solution for infusion (Actovegin intravenously) holds in 250 ml vials, which are corked and placed in a cardboard box.
- Cream Actovegin packaged in tubes of 20 g
- Gel Actovegin 20% packaged in tubes of 5 g.
- Gel Actovegin ophthalmic 20% is packaged in tubes of 5 g.
- Ointment 5% packaged in tubes of 20 g.
The composition of this tool is included in the quality of the active substance deproteinized hemoderivat from calf blood. The injection also contains sodium chloride, water as additional substances. OKPD code 22.214.171.1245.
Actovegin is a universal metabolic stimulator, which leads to a significant improvement in the nutrition of tissues and the utilization of glucose from the blood for the needs of cells of all organs. In addition, Actovegin increases the resistance of cells of all organs and tissues to hypoxia, as a result, even under conditions of oxygen starvation, damage to cellular structures is minimal. The overall, total effect of Actovegin is to enhance the production of energy molecules (ATP), necessary for the flow of all vital processes in the cells of any organ.
The overall effect of Actovegin, which consists in improving energy metabolism and increasing resistance to hypoxia, at the level of various organs and tissues is manifested by the following therapeutic effects:
- Synthesis of collagen fibers is improved.
- Stimulates the process of cell division and their subsequent migration to areas where it is necessary to restore the integrity of the tissue.
- The growth of blood vessels is stimulated, which leads to improved blood supply to the tissues.
- The healing of any tissue damage (wounds, cuts, cuts, abrasions, burns, ulcers, etc.) and the restoration of their normal structure is accelerated. That is, under the action of Actovegin, any wounds heal easier and faster, and the scar is formed small and inconspicuous.
- The process of tissue respiration is activated, which leads to a more complete and rational use of oxygen delivered with blood to the cells of all organs and tissues. Due to more complete use of oxygen, the negative effects of insufficient blood supply to the tissues are reduced.
- Stimulated by the use of glucose by cells in a state of oxygen starvation or metabolic depletion. This means that, on the one hand, the concentration of glucose in the blood decreases, and on the other, tissue hypoxia decreases due to the active use of glucose for tissue respiration.
The effect of Actovegin on enhancing glucose utilization is very important for the brain, since its structures need this substance more strongly than all other organs and tissues of the human body. After all, the brain uses mostly glucose to produce energy. Actovegin also contains inositol phosphate oligosaccharides, the effect of which is similar to insulin. This means that, under the action of Actovegin, the transport of glucose to the tissues of the brain and other organs improves, and then this substance is quickly captured by the cells and utilized for energy production. Thus, Actovegin improves energy metabolism in the brain structures and provides its needs for glucose, thereby normalizing the work of all parts of the central nervous system and reducing the severity of cerebral insufficiency syndrome (dementia).
In addition, improved energy exchange and increased glucose utilization leads to a decrease in the severity of symptoms of circulatory disorders in any other tissues and organs.
What helps Actovegin?
Actovegin can be prescribed for many painful conditions. Its use is justified in such diseases:
- radiation, thermal, solar, chemical burns up to 3 degrees;
- diabetic peripheral polyneuropathy;
- trophic damage;
- wounds of various origins that are difficult to treat;
- ulcerative skin lesions;
- therapy of hemorrhagic stroke and residual effects after it;
- encephalopathy, having a different origin;
- failures observed in venous, peripheral or arterial blood;
- ischemic stroke;
- various brain injuries;
- angiopathy, especially of diabetic origin;
- occurring bedsores;
- damage to the mucous membranes and skin, triggered by radiation damage;
- radiation neuropathy.
Contraindications to the use of the drug are the following states:
- pulmonary edema;
- oliguria, anuria;
- fluid retention;
- children and adolescents up to 18 years;
- hypersensitivity to the drug Actovegin, similar drugs or excipients;
- decompensated heart failure.
In pregnancy and lactation, Actovegin should be used only in cases where the therapeutic benefit outweighs the potential risk to the fetus or child.
Instructions for use Actovegin
The instructions for use indicated that Actovegin used in / a, in / in (including in the form of infusion) and / m.
- Depending on the severity of the clinical picture, you must first enter 10-20 ml of the drug in / in or in / a daily; then - 5 ml i / v or i / m slowly, daily or several times a week.
For infusion from 10 to 50 ml of the drug should be added to 200-300 ml of the basic solution (isotonic sodium chloride solution or 5% glucose solution). Infusion rate of about 2 ml / min.
For intramuscular injections use no more than 5 ml of the drug, which should be administered slowly, because the solution is hypertonic.
- In the acute period of ischemic stroke (starting from 5-7 days) - 2000 mg / day in / in the drip up to 20 infusions with the transition to a tablet form on 2 tab. 3 times / day (1200 mg / day). The total duration of treatment is 6 months.
- With dementia - 2000 mg / day in / in the drip. The duration of treatment is up to 4 weeks.
- For violations of the peripheral circulation and their consequences - 800-2000 mg / day in / a or in / in a drip. The duration of treatment is up to 4 weeks.
- In diabetic polyneuropathy - 2000 mg / day / 20 drip infusions with the transition to the tablet form in 3 tab. 3 times / day (1800 mg / day). The duration of treatment is from 4 to 5 months.
Instructions for using ampoules with a break point
- Position the tip of the ampoule point up.
- Gently tapping the finger and shaking the ampoule, allow the solution to flow down from the tip of the ampoule.
- Holding the vial in one hand with the tip upwards, with the other hand break off the tip of the vial along the break point.
Fortunately, if the recommended dose of the drug is exceeded, then such an oversight does not threaten the patient, since it is impossible to harm the body with physiological components present in Actovegin.
As practice shows, the drug is well perceived by patients and does not cause side effects. But, nevertheless, in rare cases, anaphylactic and allergic reactions associated with individual intolerance to the drug can occur. In addition, the following side effects sometimes occur when taking Actovegin:
- slight redness of the skin or a rash over the body;
- general malaise;
- nausea and gagging;
- headache and loss of consciousness;
- violation of the gastrointestinal tract;
- joint pain;
- difficulty breathing, sometimes choking, caused by tightness of the airways;
- increased sweating;
- water stagnation in the body;
- due to the tightness of the airways, the patient may even have problems with swallowing water, food and saliva;
- excessive excited state and activity.
- Solution for injection and infusion solutions have a slightly yellowish tint. The color intensity can vary from one batch to another, which has no effect on the effectiveness of the drug. Do not use an opaque solution or a solution containing particles.
- In the case of intramuscular administration, Actovegin should be administered slowly no more than 5 ml.
- In connection with the likelihood of an anaphylactic reaction, it was recommended to conduct a test injection (2 ml intramuscularly).
- Actovegin's solution in the opened package is not subject to storage.
- With repeated injections, it is necessary to control the water-electrolyte balance of blood plasma.
Mostly reviews of doctors and patients about Actovegin are positive. They write that the pressure drops after 7-15 minutes. Actovegin it is quite possible to bring it back to normal. But more effective will be injections and droppers. At the same time memory improves, and neurological disorders go away. Experts do not recommend its use in diabetes grade 1.
Structural analogues of the active substance drug Actovegin has not. Analogs for pharmacological group (antihypoxants and antioxidants):
- Actovegin granulate;
- Aktovegin concentrate;
- Kudesan for children;
- Kudesan Forte;
- Mexidol injection 5%;
- Sodium oxybutyrate;
- Phenosanoic acid;
- Cytochrome C;
Before using analogues consult your doctor.
Terms and conditions of storage
The drug should be stored out of the reach of children, protected from light at a temperature not higher than 25 ° C. Shelf life - 3 years. Do not use after expiration date.