A-cerumen is a multifunctional pharmacological drug developed for topical use in order to clean the ear canal from excessive amounts of sulfur or dissolve formed sulfur plugs. This tool is an alternative to surgical treatment of this pathology and can be successfully used in children.
On this page you will find all the information about A-cerumen: complete instructions for use for this drug, average prices in pharmacies, complete and incomplete analogues of the drug, as well as reviews of people who have already used A-cerumen. Want to leave your opinion? Please write in the comments.
Clinical and pharmacological group
Drug for topical use in otological practice.
Pharmacy sales terms
Over the counter.
How much is a cerumen? The average price in pharmacies is 350 rubles.
Release form and composition
Light yellow solution, transparent and slightly viscous, foams, has no smell.
- 2 ml of solution in a plastic disposable bottle, 5 or 10 bottles in a carton box (drops);
- 40 ml in a bottle, one bottle with a spray in a carton box (spray).
100 grams of the drug (drops or spray) include 20 grams of TEA-cocoyl-hydrolyzed collagen, 6 grams of cocobetaine, 1.5 grams of 120-methyl glucose dioleate PEG.
Additional substances: ЕДTA tetrasodium salt, phenoxyethanol-parabens (ethylparaben E214, methylparaben E218, phenoxyethanol, propylparaben E216, butylparaben, isobutylparaben), water.
The use of the drug A-cerumen allows you to dissolve the existing ear ear plugs and slow the formation of new ones. The active ingredients of this medicinal product are cocoyl hydrolyzed collagen, cocobetaine and PEG 120-methyl glucose dioleate, which are surface-active chemical compounds that have a local effect, contributing to the dissolution of the solid components of earwax.
Reviews of A-cerumen by experts note the fact that when instilled into the auricle, the listed substances are not absorbed inside and do not have any significant effect on the organism as a whole.
What does the A-cerumen help?
Positive reviews of A-cerumene confirm the expediency of its use in some cases:
- for the prevention of earwax accumulation;
- to dissolve existing sulfur plugs;
- with regular hygiene of the ears, including after being in dusty places or prolonged contact with water, as well as using a hearing aid or a telephone headset.
Contraindications to the appointment of A-Cerumen are:
- Hypersensitivity to one or more components of the drug,
- Acute and chronic otitis, as well as other infectious and inflammatory diseases of the ear,
- Violation of the integrity of the eardrum.
Drug A-Cerumen is not prescribed to children under the age of 2.5 years! You can not use it and those patients who have a shunt in the eardrum.
The use of the drug A-cerumen for pregnant women and women who are breastfeeding is allowed.
Instructions for use
The instructions for use indicate that using A-Cerumen spray, it is necessary to make one injection in each ear, leave for 1 min. Then you should tilt your head to the side so that dissolved sulfur flows out of your ear. At the end of the procedure, you should wash your ears with saline or water, wipe the discharge from the ear with a cotton swab.
- In the presence of sulfur plugs, A-Cerumen in the form of a spray is used in the morning and evening for 3-4 days. For regular ear hygiene - 2 times a week.
Instructions for solution A-Cerumen:
- Instill 1/2 bottle into each ear and leave for 1 min. Then you should tilt your head to the side so that dissolved sulfur flows out of your ear. At the end of the procedure, you should wash your ears with saline or water, wipe the discharge from the ear with a cotton swab.
In the presence of sulfur plugs, A-Cerumen is used in the morning and evening for 3-4 days. For regular ear hygiene, use 2 times a week.
The instructions for A-cerumenu indicate that during the period of use of the drug in patients there was no development of side effects. Sometimes in patients with hypersensitivity to the components of the drug may develop hyperemia, rash and itching at the place of its use. Therefore, the drug is not recommended for patients who have an individual intolerance to the substances in its composition.
An overdose of the drug A-cerumen when used as recommended is not possible.
A Cerumene Reviews
Reviews for children and adults about the drug positively characterize the above effects of the drug. Cases of inefficiency are rare.
There are no analogs of A-cerumen on the active substance. By similar means by the mechanism of action and belonging to the same pharmacological group include drugs: Audi Spray, Remo-Vaks, Audi-Baby and Cerumex.
Before using analogues consult your doctor.
Terms and conditions of storage
A-cerumen should be stored no more than 3 years after manufacturing in premises with a temperature not exceeding 30 degrees Celsius.
After opening the dropper bottle, the solution is allowed to be stored for up to 24 hours.