Our organism is a complex interconnected system. Failure of one body affects the full functioning of other parts. The main indicator indicating the state of our health, the beginning of the development of any disease is language.
With certain disruptions in the body on the surface of the tongue may appear plaque of different density and color. Detection in the morning of yellow or white plaque is permissible, as the body tries to clear itself of toxins and toxins accumulated during the night. As a rule, after the toilet of the mouth, the tongue again becomes pink and velvety.
The appearance of green plaque in adults in the language signals serious problems, in particular, the reproduction of the fungus in the oral cavity. In a fungal disease, the tongue becomes a greenish shade, while it is not covered with a very dense patina. This coloring of the tongue in a child or an adult is a very rare phenomenon, with the plaque in the center of the tongue and in appearance resembles the mold that forms on the spoiled bread.
Causes of green plaque in the tongue
It is possible to identify the main reasons that can provoke the occurrence of green bloom on the tongue. It may appear due to:
- Fungal diseases. They are caused by reproduction in an increased number of fungi of the genus Candida. Or more pathogenic strains of fungi enter the oral cavity. Plaque covers the tongue completely or concentrates only on its individual sections. Visually, it is very reminiscent of mold on stale bread.
- Any diseases of the gastrointestinal tract. The denser the plaque, the more serious the disease. The tongue can also be covered with cracks.
- Improper oral hygiene. It is necessary to brush not only the teeth, but also the tongue, the upper palate and the inside of the cheek. Toothbrush can be ordinary, and you can buy a special one, in which silicone bristles are on the back of the head. It is necessary to clean correctly, with circular motions, without pressing too hard on the surface that is being cleaned. After that, rinse your mouth with herbal decoction or just water.
- Poor nutrition or lack of vitamins. If during normalization of nutrition, following a healthy lifestyle, the plaque does not disappear, you should seek help from a therapist.
- If a patient takes antibiotics for a long time and uncontrolledly, then as a result, together with pathogens, they destroy the beneficial microflora. Self-treatment with these drugs contributes to the active reproduction of fungi and damage to internal organs. All this leads to the formation of green bloom on the tongue.
- The appearance of green plaque (dark or light) can contribute to taking medications that suppress the immune system.
- The presence of bad habits: alcohol, smoking, drugs.
- HIV infection.
Prolonged and frequent constipation can provoke the appearance of white-green plaque on the tongue. If the symptoms are complemented by high body temperature and signs of general body poisoning, then this may indicate the presence of an infectious disease.
Formation in the language of green bloom with a yellow tinge is the result of a violation of the gastrointestinal tract, the urinary system. Such signs indicate an accumulation of excessive amounts of bile in the gallbladder area.
In order to determine the cause, crying staining of the tongue in green, you need to contact your doctor for help. The only exception is the case when the tongue becomes green due to the intake of food that can color the organ in a natural way.
First of all, the doctor must listen to the patient's complaints and make a visual inspection of the language on which the plaque was formed. For a more thorough examination of the organ, the doctor may use a spatula. He assesses its thickness, mobility, the color of the tongue, the state of the papillae, and the relief of the surface of the plate.
What do other colors say about the language?
Plaque on the tongue can be divided into several types by color. Although white and yellow bloom is most common, there are times when people get black, green, brown, or gray.
Each of them appears for various reasons:
- Yellow - indicates functional disorders of the liver, gallbladder.
- Brown - appears when pathological changes in the respiratory system. Often observed in chronic alcoholism, significant smoking experience.
- Red with a raspberry shade - an acute inflammatory process, viral infections, poisoning.
- The bluish tinge of plaque indicates a lack of vitamins of the neurotropic class (group B), the development of anemia, and oxygen starvation.
- Gray color - problems with the gastrointestinal tract (gastrointestinal tract).
- In Crohn's disease, the tongue is covered with a black layer. This picture is observed in seriously ill patients.
Remember that a light white and a thin layer of plaque is normal. Such plaque should not have an odor and through it the natural color of the tongue should be visible. It is also important to bear in mind that during the summer period, the tongue may be thicker than at other times of the year.
How to treat green plaque on the tongue?
Treatment should begin with finding out the cause of its formation. Indeed, without the elimination of the root cause, that is, without treating the disease, it is impossible to eliminate the green bloom on the tongue. Therefore, you should start with a visit to a good general practitioner. He will prescribe a complete examination and establish an accurate diagnosis based on it.
If the disease is not detected by doctors, then the problem is hygienic. You should contact your dentist who will help you choose a paste, brush. In order to remove the unpleasant smell, it is possible to conduct rinsing with an antiseptic solution. He performs the "treatment" of the flora of the tongue, killing bacteria and preventing their reproduction.
When the green plaque does not disappear after normalization of nutrition and improving the quality of oral hygiene, it is necessary to consult a doctor again, especially if there is an unpleasant smell. Only the treatment of the underlying disease will completely eliminate the unpleasant plaque on the tongue.