In a healthy man or woman, the color of urine can vary from straw to deep yellow. The intensity of the color depends on the concentration of the pigments: urochrome, uroretrin, urobilin, hematoporphyrin and urorozein.
White turbid urine with flakes, or too dark is a signal that there are potential problems in the body.
Also, urine can be stained by some foods, drugs, or the effects of diseases of internal organs. In a healthy transparent urine should be absent various impurities (flakes, mucus, pus, salt, sediment).
Causes of turbid urine in women and men
Turbid urine can occur for various reasons. In women and men, they may be different, or common. Often clouded urine is observed in hot weather, as well as after heavy physical labor or visiting the sauna. In such cases, dehydration occurs, to eliminate which it is recommended to drink more fluids.
Excessive consumption of protein, which is found in meat products, can also lead to turbidity of urine. If turbid urine has a pronounced salt precipitate, it can cause the development of kidney stones.
Highlight the main causes in men and women, because of which the urine becomes turbid:
- Turbid urine with flakes, an admixture of mucus, pus (leukocytes) and bacteria with a strong odor of unchanged color is a sign of an inflammatory disease of the kidneys or urinary tract. These can be cystitis (inflammation of the bladder), pyelonephritis (purulent kidney disease), urethritis (inflammation of the urinary tract).
- If a man has turbid urine, then perhaps any disease of the genitourinary system, there may be prostatitis, adenoma or venereal disease.
- If the urine is red, then we can talk about the presence of stones in the urinary tract and kidneys, which damage the integrity of the mucous membrane, and blood enters the urine. With the reddish-brown color of the urine, the kidneys themselves may be affected.
- In women, urine turbidity suggests that they are too active in a sexual way. Here, first of all, it is necessary to observe the rules of intimate hygiene so that cystitis does not arise later.
- Dark, "beer" shade, greenish and brown color may indicate a variety of liver diseases.
- Turbid urine in a child happens in the morning after sleep, the reason for this is the change in water intake. Parents should not do anything special in this situation, however, if such a phenomenon does not occur periodically, but every day, you should consult a doctor for examination.
These are the main reasons why urine is turbid with or without sediment. Turbidity of urine does not necessarily speak of any diseases. But, if this is repeated regularly, then you need to be examined and consult a doctor.
Turbid urine during pregnancy: causes
Turbid urine during pregnancy, against the background of control of the quantitative content of the composition, indicates a pathological abnormality of the following elements:
- protein structure;
- complex carbohydrates;
- red blood cells;
- salt residues;
- bacteria, etc.
Changes in the external structure, leading to manifestation in the form of turbid urine with flakes during pregnancy, occur against the background of an inflammatory process under the influence of factors of different nature or a change in the functional state of the kidneys with an increased load on them associated with pregnancy.
What tests need to pass a turbid urine?
First of all, you should not let things take their course. Timely diagnosis, and as a result, treatment sometimes plays a huge role.
The first thing that needs to be done in this case is to contact the district clinic and pass a urine test. This will allow to find out what caused the change in the transparency of the urine - salt, bacteria, mucus, leukocytes or red blood cells. Treatment is prescribed depending on the identified pathology.
So, what kind of tests can the patient be referred by the doctor if there is such a sign as turbid urine?
- General urine analysis. This research is usually done on all medical examinations, on arrival at the hospital, etc. It is not surprising, because it is quite universal, and therefore can reveal a variety of problems with the body.
- Analysis by Nechiporenko. This urinalysis is somewhat more accurate than the general, because it is usually prescribed if any indicators in the overall clinical analysis exceeded the norm.
- Test Kakovsky - Addis. In contrast to previous studies, the collection of urine in this case must be collected not one-time, but within 12-14 hours (that is, all day). This method is often used to detect glomerulonephritis, pyelonephritis, urolithiasis.
Discoloration and loss of urine transparency may be the result of serious diseases of the genitourinary system, as well as the pathology of the liver, blood and other organs, and therefore requires careful diagnosis and timely treatment.